Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished my 5 speed swap, oil leak from oil filter housing! Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished my 5 speed swap, oil leak from oil filter housing! Help needed!

So I was stumped as to why my car wouldn't sart after the swap and it looks like a super dead battery paired with dirty connections on the starter was the problem! So it fired up and oil was coming out of the two inlets/outlets on the oil filter housing. In the swap guide I was going off of it said to remove the oil cooler and lines so I did that. What should I do about these two holes? Plug them or should I reinstall the oil cooler? I figured somebody on her would know/have experience with this subject. I don't want to jump the gun and plug the holes and then starve the engine of oil or anything. Thanks in advance for the advice that can be provided! Engine is an m20 b25 if that's any help! Let me know if you need more info guys!

Maybe it was saying to remove the oil cooler lines to the transmission? I dont know if these auto transmissions are cooled, but some have lines that run to the radiator.

Put back the engine oil cooler and lines ... it has nothing to do with what you did.

J

Comment

yea the lines you were to remove were the transmission cooler lines that run from the trans up the drivers side of the frame to the radiator.

not the engine oil cooler lines that run from the filter houseing up the passenger side to the front mounted oil cooler in front of the radiator.
      Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
      Bimmerbuddies LLC
      717-388-1256
      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
      bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks for the solid quick input guys!

Comment

Working...
        X