Stock stroker rotating assembly swap options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock stroker rotating assembly swap options

So my 325ix turbo project has a bad head gasket. Its finlly happened and now is my excuse to pull the block out and put in my SETA pistons. But i have some concerns and may go alternatively based on advice and discussion.

Some background info for the build specifics if they matter or influence anything.
    Titanium valve springs and retainers
    dual pattern 280/274 cam with adjustable cam gear
    30lb injectors with 255lph pump
    11lb lightweight flywheel with aluminium lightweight front crank pulley (hoping not to have stalling issues)
    Megasquirt.

Should be noted even though this isnt a high boost application, i intend to o-ring the block instead if welding the coolant jackets, continuing to use an OEM thickness elring head gasket.

My goal is for a quick revving, stable, solid running motor boasting with admirable torque and power whenever i need it.

1) i have both SETA and ETA pistons with rods and cranks. To my knowledge, can i swap the crank, rods, and pistons straight into the ix block, and not have to worry about any clearance issues using an oem ELRING headgasket with this cam?

2) which of the assemblys would invoke the most power? The seta and eta are both creating 2.7, but... My limited information has me assuming that the SETA yeilds a higher compression ratio, so it should provide better under-boost conditions, with the same end result as the ETA? Or is this wrong to assume. I really want to have the best acceleration possible. Or does the flat top ETA pistons create more power due to a lower CR allowing more boost, is the difference in CR even negligible?

3) Is there anything i can do to utilize the adjustable cam gear with any of these setups to get the most out of linear, high acceleration with any one of these given combinations?

My heart says tough it up, and do whatever it takes to go 2.8 as that should give the most power, and of course the glory of being a true 2.8
    My mind says to stay conservative and simple, and go with the 2.7seta setup, as i should be pretty happy with the results, and wont be breaking my wallet, as well saving time with the machine shop
    My vagina tells me to use the ETA pistons for their low compression ratio, so that i wont have to oring the block and worry less about the headgasket if i desire to climb up a few pounds of boost. Im just not sure whats going to be more powerful between the two 2.7 setups.

Hope i wasnt too overbearing, i figured breaking things up would make the discussion easier to respond to. I appreciate your minds.
    Last edited by The Red Baron; 04-21-2018, 08:33 AM.
Working...
X