86 m20b27 idle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 m20b27 idle issues

Hi everyone, I was looking to try to solve my idle issues. Ive been searching high and low to find the fix for my problem, there are so many possibilities to whats causing them. I've replaced vac lines, coil/distributer/wires/plugs. I have plans to swap out some more parts, gates timing belt, water pump/tensioner kit, thermostat/ and housings, along with hoses. history out of the way, the car runs good for the first few minutes fine but as soon as the temp needle starts to move the idle gets progressively higher until it hits 1750 then it goes into surge mode, I cant figure this out and have to shut the car off as to not piss off my 80 year old neighbor... im going to try to smoke test it myself soon, but some people told me it could be the sensors in the thermostat housing, but the problem with that is there are a few of them and so I wanted to try replacing them all but its like they use the same name for multiple sensors and when I go onto websites to look, they are all different colors and I can never tell what the correct parts are.

I know I may be spewing on but im new here and trying to give a brief little history on the things ive done and want to do.

please don't say use the search feature, its hardly constructive and there are many reasons for idle issues.
Working...
X