X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zaq123
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    Then the RD is likely going to be more suitable. Ofcourse you still need to have the rest if the system done sensibly
    now I just need to receive those RD headers...

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
    Since this e30 is more of a toy, option B is my goal.
    Then the RD is likely going to be more suitable. Ofcourse you still need to have the rest if the system done sensibly

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    The question is do you want to boost:
    A) bottom end/midrange or
    B) midrange topend

The RD should suit the itb characteristics better as the shorter length primary is intune at a similar rpm to the inlet manifold. the bavauto should be better in tune with stock intake due to both having longer lengths that tune in at the bottom end mid range.
    Since this e30 is more of a toy, option B is my goal.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    The question is do you want to boost:
    A) bottom end/midrange or
    B) midrange topend

The RD should suit the itb characteristics better as the shorter length primary is intune at a similar rpm to the inlet manifold. the bavauto should be better in tune with stock intake due to both having longer lengths that tune in at the bottom end mid range.

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    Running the same dbilas cam ?

Got any measurements for those headers ?
    switched to schrick 288 for ITBs.

headers specs: 1 3/8 primaries, 2 collector into 2 mid-section

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    I have ordered RD (long process so far) just for the sake of o2 sensor placement and some additional road clearance. Have a set of brand new BavarianAuto long tube headers but not sure if that's what I want....They seem to be superior to RD design as far as performance goes but their low clearance will probably be an issue for me. I also want to place o2 in between both banks and on the vertical run (similar to oem design). Long Bavauto headers are pushing 02 way back and lay it flat..something I'm trying to avoid
    Running the same dbilas cam ?

Got any measurements for those headers ?

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    no, i was referring to AAF but purely from a quality perspective, size wise they are waaaaaaay off.
    RD are a shadow of their former self IMO
    I have ordered RD (long process so far) just for the sake of o2 sensor placement and some additional road clearance. Have a set of brand new BavarianAuto long tube headers but not sure if that's what I want....They seem to be superior to RD design as far as performance goes but their low clearance will probably be an issue for me. I also want to place o2 in between both banks and on the vertical run (similar to oem design). Long Bavauto headers are pushing 02 way back and lay it flat..something I'm trying to avoid

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    do you mean RD headers?
    no, i was referring to AAF but purely from a quality perspective, size wise they are waaaaaaay off.
    RD are a shadow of their former self IMO
    Last edited by digger; 06-01-2019, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zaq123
    replied
    Quality looks good construction wise and they don't have shitty bends right at the flange like some.
    do you mean RD headers?

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Originally posted by vehicular View Post
    ONE of the sets... guy...

I sent him a message on Facespace. He last posted pics of them in 2016. My hopes are not high.
    Every time you get rid of something you realise that you wanted to keep it.

Leave a comment:

• vehicular
    replied
    At some point I'll unload one of the sets lol but not any time soon
    ONE of the sets... guy...

Contact Rama from RHD. At one point he was going make a batch. He made a prototype that looked better than anything currently on the market (pics/were are on his Facebook from a couple years back). I don't know if it's still planning to go ahead or whether it fell to the wayside
    I sent him a message on Facespace. He last posted pics of them in 2016. My hopes are not high.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    I just called IE, and the sales(?) girl said that they would have headers "within a month" for whatever that's worth.
    Contact Rama from RHD. At one point he was going make a batch. He made a prototype that looked better than anything currently on the market (pics/were are on his Facebook from a couple years back). I don't know if it's still planning to go ahead or whether it fell to the wayside

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    I just caught this. Any interest in selling those BTBs ;D
    At some point I'll unload one of the sets lol but not any time soon
    Last edited by digger; 05-23-2019, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vehicular
    replied
    I just called IE, and the sales(?) girl said that they would have headers "within a month" for whatever that's worth.

Leave a comment:

• vehicular
    replied
    when I do my custom set soon.

I just caught this. Any interest in selling those BTBs ;D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X