Need Major Help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Major Help....

I just got done putting a 2.5i engine in my 88 e30. It came with everything still on the engine so I just had to drop it in and plug it in. I have a serious problem though. I went to start it up and my wire harness wires started melting. I ripped out the wire harness and and took off the rubber coating and found the wire that did the mess. It is a brown wire that is connected to 3 other brown wires. The wire is the center wire that goes onto the oil sending unit right under the altinator. When the wire is disconnected and I turn the key nothing happens...just a click. With the wire connected it starts smoking and melting (just the one brown wire) but it does turn over. I dont know what is going on. I did a test with a light and the brown wires apear to be grounds but there is power coming from the center brown wire on the oil sending unit plug. I can not figure this out for the life of me. Any ideas or help would be great. Also all the wires are connected to the right places for sure. So I dont know. One other thing.....when I pull the orange relays (k5) and (k7) it stops smoking when I turn the key but the engine does not turn over. I need help......
Working...
X