VDO Oil Pressure Sender, Gauge, AND Dummy Light Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VDO Oil Pressure Sender, Gauge, AND Dummy Light Combo

I'm looking into hooking up and oil pressure gauge and sender on my 2.5l turbo build. I would like to have the VDO Gauge doing it's thing in the gauge cluster, while still having an operational dummy light on the dash. VDO makes an 80psi Sender with a 8.5psi Warning Light Output in the m12x1.5 thread pitch that my distribution block uses. Since the dummy light is supposed to come on at 7psi, and warm operating oil pressure is 8-10psi, I would hate to have the light flashing on and off all the time at idle. Has anyone ever successfully hooked up both a gauge and the OEM dash light? Would it be as simple as throwing a resistor in-line to the dummy light to have it come on at the OEM 7psi threshold?

P.S.... VDO also makes a sender with the proper outputs I am looking for.. but the thread pitch is different. My engine is looking quite pretty at the moment and I am trying to avoid stacking on thread adapters and all that jazz. Any advice would be greatly appreciated <3

-Bobby

make or buy an oil distribution block and remote mount the sending unit.

adapter for the the engine block
    m12x1.5 (verify this )
    an 8 male

an 8 female end
    an hose
    an 8 female end

and on your block a make an 8 end
    and a drilled passage

then thread in the stock idiot light sending unit and your aftermarket one.

-
    Project
    Parts for Sale
    Feedback
    YouTube Channel

Comment

or you can do it with this. they are currently out of stock
      Our oil pressure adapter fitting allows you to install an aftermarket oil gauge or turbocharger oil feed line with your original oil pressure warning light switch. This fitting accepts 1/8″ NPT senders and fittings. This fitting is steel, zinc coated, and Made In The USA. Includes copper crush washer. We also offer the

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

where are you buying the vdo gauge from?

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
          or you can do it with this. they are currently out of stock
          Our oil pressure adapter fitting allows you to install an aftermarket oil gauge or turbocharger oil feed line with your original oil pressure warning light switch. This fitting accepts 1/8″ NPT senders and fittings. This fitting is steel, zinc coated, and Made In The USA. Includes copper crush washer. We also offer the
          I just did that mod this weekend..... ebay has that adaptor for around $20

Comment

Working...
          X