Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller PowerFold™ M30 Intake

Hey guys,

Some of you may follow our facebook page and would have seen the modified M30 intake manifold we have made. We one of our customers was finally able to get to the dyno to get some "after" numbers for us.

The Miller PowerFold™ M30 intake made 30 Ft Lbs. and over 30 HP to the wheels. It also kept the power climbing right to the new redline of 6800 rpm instead of falling off at 63/6400.

We will have an N/A car get us some numbers soon too, but you can expect to see decent gains for NA as well.

Thanks again Matt for being one of the first!

Ok, first off, was it back to back dyno runs with no retune? Why not offer a version with a throttle body on the opposite side from stock (would help for us turbo guys)?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Yes and no. We had to get the fuel right for the 42's (customer had 36's before and plans on some other mods in the near future that will require 42's). Everyone knows injectors don't add power. Timing wasn't touched just had fuel back into check.

And you will notice that boost was actually LOWER with the new manifold and still made more power.

Also the throttle body on the stock side is the best, most efficient placement. See car photos in OP. It's like 30" from turbo to TB.

Even with an intercooler:

Comment

But that throttle placement isn't really ideal.... Reverse and and you get a continuous flow from exhaust side, to intercooler in front, to intake side at throttle body. Or at least in an E30. Only way that throttle placement works is if you have a small intercooler on the passenger side by the exhaust, which isn't ideal.

This is really a plenum engineering discussion that is way beyond my understanding, for the most part. But given the results you have with the, minimal, returning, it's pretty impressive results from that change.

If I may ask, what were the before and after intake vacuum readings?
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Well vacuum.... this is a boosted engine so there isnt vacuum in a pressurized plenum. BUT you know there is less restriction by the fact that all else being equal, boost fell basically 1 PSI and power and torque was +30.

Boost builds by resrtiction so in this case, the elimination of some restriction reduces the pressure build up but because it is flowing better, you see improved power with less pressure.

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
          But that throttle placement isn't really ideal.... Reverse and and you get a continuous flow from exhaust side, to intercooler in front, to intake side at throttle body. Or at least in an E30. Only way that throttle placement works is if you have a small intercooler on the passenger side by the exhaust, which isn't ideal.

This is really a plenum engineering discussion that is way beyond my understanding, for the most part. But given the results you have with the, minimal, returning, it's pretty impressive results from that change.

If I may ask, what were the before and after intake vacuum readings?

Comment

For give me if Im wrong but 298-276=22 no??

So wouldnt it be +22 lb's of torque

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              For give me if Im wrong but 298-276=22 no??

So wouldnt it be +22 lb's of torque
              Two things, look at 5k rpm. Also there would be 30 HP if we kept going to 6800 on the base lines but the car simply nosed over too much to get there.

Dynos only report MAX as is PEAK power. You have to look where the largest gains under peak numbers are. We have highlighted some on the graph.

Comment

ah okay i see what your saying

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

In for NA dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                    In for NA dyno sheet
                    1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                    5-Speed Swapped
                    M30B35 Swapped
                    MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                    260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

i'm guessing the bigger plenum helps runner distribution which is pretty crap with the cast alloy 6cyl engines
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                        In for NA dyno sheet
                        Bump.

Comment

Bump
                          Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Anyone use this on an NA car yet?
                            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Been a little while, but any chances someone has used this on an NA M30? Thinking it would probably be great with a MAF and exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X