Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    I run the Walbro 255 on my turbo M30B35 and it's more than enough, even with 36lb injectors

Leave a comment:

• Anthony B
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    How noisy is the 044 in an e30 internal tank ? Or is it an external only ?
    The 044 I have is an external which sings the 044 National anthem.. it’s pretty
    loud, I’ve been eyeing off a walbro 255 internal pump. I think for now I’ l leave the pump be & see on initial startup/tune how the fuel pressure is tracking

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    How noisy is the 044 in an e30 internal tank ? Or is it an external only ?
    Last edited by digger; 07-10-2019, 04:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Ah - tricky one there... injection parts must not interfere with wedding expenses that's for sure!

Unless the e30 is going to be a wedding car of course, then it's essential ;D

Leave a comment:

• Anthony B
    replied
    I do have a 044 sitting on the bench, I just ordered a turbosmart FPR800 for a decent price that has the capacity to maintain an over feed the Bosch would give.

I have a Holden wrecker nearby I might see if they have some L67 injectors floating around as they used 370cc alternative is xr6 injectors the older BA’S used the longer 440cc with the FG’S going to the short ones. Plans are to get slightly used ones & get them reconditioned balancing wedding expenses & building cars is a precarious balance(read wife to be might kill me}

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    I'm running a slightly modified VDO EL Falcon V8 fuel pump in my car as a cheap option - it has been fine for the last few years, but you'll no doubt want something a bit more serious than that Anthony!

1991-1998 Ford EB ED EF EL Falcon 5ltr V8. In tank fuel pump. Part# EFP-003. New - to be fitted by a professional. Product details.

Probably the venerable Bosch 044 pump would do the trick? Fairly popular option:

Leave a comment:

• Anthony B
    started a topic Fueling the m30

Fueling the m30

So some have seen my itb m30 build, I’m getting into the gritty jobs now & looking at tackling fueling next week. So far the motor is a factory b35 bottom end, with a ported head, oversized valves, catcam 294/294, & a RHDengineering itb kit. Let’s talk injectors/fuelling required to keep it happy. Originally the car was a poverty spec 318i even worse an m40 when I swapped the m30 in we keep the factory fuel pump which was the same part used on 735/535’s apparently.

Does anyone know the flow rate of the 318i pump I believe it’s around 195L/h?

Injections- looking at 370cc Bosch for tuning windows to be smaller, or is the jump to 440cc a negligible difference? The 440 aka 42lb are more widely available

I’m planning at overbuilding the fuel side for future updates & move to e85 down the track & the new bottom end needing more fuel, In have an AEM adjustable reg, -6an lines moving & regulating pressure which is definitely overkill
Working...
X