Comment

Inspiration!
      These photos make it looks so easy.

Question: Any info on this piece?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Getting closer. How about some ITB love ;)
        Hoping to get her first start on wednesday afternoon.

Modified Fuel rail hard lines.

EV14 24lb injectors

13.5lb Euro 323i flywheel (can also be found on early 528e)

Comment

Question: Any info on this piece?

Thanks! Having access to extra tools, air, and a lift makes things a lot nicer (USAF auto hobby shop). Please hold all applause until the end of the show, lol. hopefully it'll end with a youtube vid of the engine actually running :)

As for the gauge console, I got it from a guy on s14.net and it looks MUCH nicer in person. He threw a card in the box for this website http://www.joebmwmotorsport.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bwawuz02 View Post
            Getting closer. How about some ITB love ;)
            Hoping to get her first start on wednesday afternoon.

Modified Fuel rail hard lines.

EV14 24lb injectors

13.5lb Euro 323i flywheel (can also be found on early 528e)

2 questions.... How much power are you estimating you'll make after its all done? and from where and how much did you get the Diblas ITB?

Comment

I bought the ITBs directly from dbilas while I was in Germany. I'm hoping to put at least 160hp to the wheels.

Comment

ok so im still a huge noob with E30's but SHIT with all that work your only
                expecting 160 at the wheels.
                just seems like so much work for that number

but i do love the fact your doing it. awesome pics and story

I bought the ITBs directly from dbilas while I was in Germany. I'm hoping to put at least 160hp to the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark954 View Post
                  ok so im still a huge noob with E30's but SHIT with all that work your only
                  expecting 160 at the wheels.
                  just seems like so much work for that number

but i do love the fact your doing it. awesome pics and story
                  Well you have to take into consideration that it is a 1.8 and all motor 1.8 is not going to make much power at all. But it is Raw power it is always there. And he might not be interested in making crazy power but enough to get the light E30 Chassis going. And I think this build is quite special, not many people build M42. Most people just swap and call it a day. This guy can take pride in saying he actually built something different by acutally keeping the "Original" M42. Mad Respect.

Comment

^^I couldn't have said it better myself :) Considering the price of gas is over $4 a gallon, I was more than happy to rebuild my 4-cyl engine. Honestly, I'm not looking for huge power. I have more fun dreaming it up and building it than racing it, but I do plan to do a lot more sport (auto-x) driving in the near future with her. And once my itch to buid again comes back I'll be adding a turbo to the mix. Anyone/everyone has swapped in an M/S50. I plan to get an E34 touring next year and will get to play with the 6-cyl then.

Comment

BTW, I'm taking a break today, but the engine itself is in and complete.

Things left to do:

Install clutch/transmission (w/UUC SSK & DSSR)
                      Install WBO2 sensor
                      Wire up Knock Sensors to KnockLite
                      Hook up Ostrich Emulator
                      Turn Key

But I have to take a day off today to spend with my lady ;)

Comment

Good work! Excited to see more!

And added rep for the AF! I got out two years ago after 5. I miss the hobby shop, not so much the rest of the BS!
                        alexw
                        (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
                        Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

^^nice, I just re-upped. Headed to retraining for Cyber Defense Ops in Sep. Considering my one and only deployment was to Germany, and all the other stuff I've been spoiled with, I feel sure in saying that my experience has been better than most. And since I'm almost done with my BS in CompSci, I couldn't pass up the work experience of the Cyber gig. I'll probably set myself for a reserve slot and go back to the civ world after this go-round.
                          Last edited by bwawuz02; 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Things left to do:

Schrick Camshafts
                            Fixed that for ya ;)

Good call on the 323i flywheel too, those things are awesome. Looking good.

Comment

BTW, I'm taking a break today, but the engine itself is in and complete. But I have to take a day off today to spend with my lady ;)
                              Yup, just as you're pleasing your E30 you have to please the lady....with a lil more love lol

Comment

^^I couldn't have said it better myself :) Considering the price of gas is over $4 a gallon, I was more than happy to rebuild my 4-cyl engine. Honestly, I'm not looking for huge power. I have more fun dreaming it up and building it than racing it, but I do plan to do a lot more sport (auto-x) driving in the near future with her. And once my itch to buid again comes back I'll be adding a turbo to the mix. Anyone/everyone has swapped in an M/S50. I plan to get an E34 touring next year and will get to play with the 6-cyl then.

I'm Actually doing research on m42 parts in regards to boosting it. I'd love to be able to pop the hood and have a top mount turbo just staring at me :D . I'm might order my stuff from VAC motorsports, I've heard they are too pricey but from the looks of it their products look top quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X