Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sh*t house revs ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    sh*t house revs ??

    hey
    my m42 is farked i ve gone through the fuel pump checked it out I've checked all the hoses in around the intake and it still rev's and then stalls and ive bought a new fuel filter , i let my car run on the low fuel tho ! ive got a feeling its dirty injectors so i chucked some injector cleaner in to , if anyone has some other ideas
    btw my car has a full tank with a bottle of injector cleaner in it how long would it take to work its shit out ??
    any info would be mint thanks your noobest of noobs
    Ryan

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAIAISQ8U34


    #2
    Id check for a vacuum leak. Have you replaced any of the hoses under the intake? Check the intake boot for tears as well.

    Comment


      #3
      the main one is brand new the rest and fine hmmm

      Comment


        #4
        Probably a vacuum leak, have you dealt with the mess under the intake? It could also be a faulty ICV, try unplugging it to see if the conditions change.

        Have checked for codes via stomp test?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rso View Post
          btw my car has a full tank with a bottle of injector cleaner in it how long would it take to work its shit out ??
          probably about as long as it takes you to go through a tank of gas :)

          most likely is a vacuum leak, but i have a set of M42 injectors if yours do turn out to be bad.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          current:
          1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
          2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

          Comment


            #6
            my car won't even idle at times is there any options for a easy injector upgrade ?

            Comment


              #7
              You can go do the Mustang/Ford V8 injector change, but there is no point in increasing flow rate without modifications.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                You can go do the Mustang/Ford V8 injector change, but there is no point in increasing flow rate without modifications.
                Interesting what type of mods are we talking is it a straight match up for those injectors or is it a fuck about job ahah ?

                Anyway I cleaned out the fuel tank and the filters chucked two bottles of injector cleaner in the fuel and let it idol for bout a hour and it seamed to works itself out thanks for the help and leaving me something to think about
                Cheers

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by rso View Post
                  Interesting what type of mods are we talking is it a straight match up for those injectors or is it a fuck about job ahah ?

                  Anyway I cleaned out the fuel tank and the filters chucked two bottles of injector cleaner in the fuel and let it idol for bout a hour and it seamed to works itself out thanks for the help and leaving me something to think about
                  Cheers
                  Look around on M42Club for the swap. As long as you use the correct injector they will clip in with no issues. Of course in less you are running cams, forced induction or an aftermarket management system there is nothing to be gained from more fuel.

                  Glad you got it sorted.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X