Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High pressure fuel lines for fuel feed and return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High pressure fuel lines for fuel feed and return?

I replaced all the hoses under the intake including the two fuel hoses that are used to connect the metal fuel lines to the fuel rail. The 1-3" hoses. I went to the auto parts store and got fuel grade hose but im not 100% sure its HIGH PRESSURE fuel hose. Is this critical?

Should I tear off the intake manifold and replace, or will standard fuel hoses work?

Hoping someone can chime in and say they used the standard fuel hoses for a few years and no car fires..yet...

I have never used standard pressure lines in the engine bay, but in a pinch I used some at the fuel filter and forgot about it for a couple of years until I noticed MPGs going way down/a slight fuel smell. It turned out to be leaking out of a pin hole or three, and the condition of the tubing was horrible.

Never again.

Comment

You can use the cheap stuff on the low pressure return side or in a pinch but I'd do what roguetoaster said, buy the good stuff. It's all 8x13 and ~$10 a meter.

Comment

Sounds good. Looks like I'm taking off the intake again...

Do you have to replace paper gaskets after you torque em down ? I haven't cranked the engine yet and this is a full rebuild, all new everything

Comment

The intake gaskets can typically be reused.

Comment

It would be great if someone could suggest an aftermarket hose that isn't ungodly expensive??? Cause I usually just get it from the dealer.

But I agree - don't use the autozone/pepboys/kragen stuff, even if it's marked as high pressure lines.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

should be able to change fuel lines without removing intake id think
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

5/16" ID fuel hose also works. I just replaced my rubber lines two days ago. That hose under the booster is a real pain to loosen.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
                Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                  should be able to change fuel lines without removing intake id think
                  These are the tiny little lines that go from the fuel rail to the metal fuel lines. I'll take a look but I thought its pretty tight.

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
                  5/16" ID fuel hose also works. I just replaced my rubber lines two days ago. That hose under the booster is a real pain to loosen.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
                  Yea 5/16" is what I got. It comes out to be 7.9mm so its just a slightly snugger fit, which is better than being larger.

Comment

Has anyone used neoprene or nylon fuel lines? I feel like back in the 90s there was less ethanol in gas so maybe rubber isnt the best go-to anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      It would be great if someone could suggest an aftermarket hose that isn't ungodly expensive??? Cause I usually just get it from the dealer.

But I agree - don't use the autozone/pepboys/kragen stuff, even if it's marked as high pressure lines.
                      I've always used CRP / Rein now. I get it from my local German repair shop He's always charged me $10/meter. ECS is $8.89 / meter if you are not in a hurry. BMW is now $32.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
                        I've always used CRP / Rein now. I get it from my local German repair shop He's always charged me $10/meter. ECS is $8.89 / meter if you are not in a hurry. BMW is now $32.
                        Agreed.
                        Im going to get some 225 psi from NAPA. Should be good for the first crank.

CRP is the OE provider for Continental, which should be your go to for anything rubber.

You dont have to go BMW.

Comment

Working...
                        X