No announcement yet.

M42 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually pump, rotor and cover are new, everything stuffed with plenty of fresh oil but no grease. Any suggestion? Don't feel like dismount everything again. I will crank the engine till the oil pressure light goes off, is it enough?
    1986 pre-restyling 316 2drs
    - Disk brakes upgrade front and rear, with EBC Yellow and braided hoses
    - Powerflex bushing front and rear
    - Front and rear camber-toe adjustable
    - BCracing coilover front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by Diake View Post
      Actually pump, rotor and cover are new, everything stuffed with plenty of fresh oil but no grease. Any suggestion? Don't feel like dismount everything again. I will crank the engine till the oil pressure light goes off, is it enough?
      Make sure the plugs / main and FP relays are out 1st start when building oil pressure, takes the load off the bearings.

Was the main bearing thrust surface 360 deg? Drop in or did the cap require modification?

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
        Make sure the plugs / main and FP relays are out 1st start when building oil pressure, takes the load off the bearings.

Was the main bearing thrust surface 360 deg? Drop in or did the cap require modification?
        Do you mean removing spark plug and fuel pump relay? what else?
        I planned to put 360° trust bearing but the one I bought were as the old ones. I will do it when I will rebuild it to make it turbo

Comment

Yes, remove the fuel pump relay and all 4 spark plugs. It will give the engine a better chance of priming the pump. If you filled the cavity with oil, then I think you have a good chance of being OK to get it to prime. You can also try pouring some oil into the filter housing so that it can drain back into the pump a little, before trying to start it.

I would not worry too much, this issue is a little rare. It has never happened to me or anyone I know, but a couple of people here had a lot of trouble.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thank you very much! Those are the hints I was hoping for.
            Really appreciate you help.
            Cheers

Comment

Thanks for sharing this! Nice work!

Comment

Working...
              X