X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kristov
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post

In regards to driveshaft used with 6mt this data is public on the Internet and known for years.

One more varient; getrag branded from e90/92 early 2006

It has transmission ears just like a zf5 or e46m getrag 6 speed, input just like e46 zhp with 22 fine spline and pilot bearing in the flywheel.

So this "getrag" with ears would be the easiest to install since there are ears to bolt standard e30/36 Trans mounts onto.

Remember this zf family of transmissions includes the diesel 320d 2005/6 e46 for sohc tilt and also getrag branded units in newer e90/92, z4, e60, etc.

Do you know the specific years and engine I can source this transmission from?

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Originally posted by E30DriftMissile View Post
    So I'm finally taking the dive. I've sourced a Zhp ZF trans with flywheel, shift linkage, and clutch. It wasn't covered in this thread and maybe it's an unspoken truth. I'm assuming the driveshaft does not need to be modified, and the only engineering but would be the shift linkage for how the trans is rotated? I'll be sourcing the trans brace from
    Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Or here

Feedback would be awesome as I've read this whole thread and didn't pick up on it
    I actually have a brand new Kassel Performance ZHP six-speed mount made just for what you're trying to do. I decided to go in a different direction with my car and I'd be willing to sell it for less than what I paid for it. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Leave a comment:

• E30DriftMissile
    replied
    So I'm finally taking the dive. I've sourced a Zhp ZF trans with flywheel, shift linkage, and clutch. It wasn't covered in this thread and maybe it's an unspoken truth. I'm assuming the driveshaft does not need to be modified, and the only engineering but would be the shift linkage for how the trans is rotated? I'll be sourcing the trans brace from
    Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Or here

Feedback would be awesome as I've read this whole thread and didn't pick up on it

Leave a comment:

• Z2TT
    replied
    Hi Guys.

Does this thread relate to 330CI Manual ZF 6 Speed gearbox?

Also what to do about driveshaft, has anybody found anything off the shelf that can work? Or is it always going to have to be 330CI front section and E30 rear section with extension or shortening done?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• the imitator
    replied
    335i, 335d, M3, M5, M6, and some other models however; The bell housing on the M series vehicles have a much different bolt pattern, not even close. The 335i GS6-53bz is the transmission to use in this case, you'd be happy to hear that a great percentage of the bolt pattern matches up in 24v cases.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by the imitator View Post
    I'll be stuffing the gs6-53bz into my swap they can take massive amounts of abuse; gentlemen on the diesel forums are using the 53bz to transfer 1200wtq cummins/powerstroke etc
    What did BMW use it in?

Leave a comment:

• the imitator
    replied
    The stock oem e9x transmission support brace does not fit the e30. The first piece he mentioned in the first post can be used in conjunction with the custom g260/e30 brace made by a member here.
    I'll be stuffing the gs6-53bz into my swap they can take massive amounts of abuse; gentlemen on the diesel forums are using the 53bz to transfer 1200wtq cummins/powerstroke etc
    Last edited by the imitator; 03-20-2016, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Loupoz
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    I was curious if the info you had provided is correct.
    HERE you list a part (which I have) that better suits the E30 chassis.

HERE
    You state the crossmember can be used to hold the trans up.

Is this correct, or did you find the part in the first link later? Thanks!
    I do believe he is talking about the same two pieces.

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    I was curious if the info you had provided is correct.
    HERE you list a part (which I have) that better suits the E30 chassis.

HERE
    You state the crossmember can be used to hold the trans up.

Is this correct, or did you find the part in the first link later? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by kristov View Post
    So you would rather take the ZF over the e46 m3 Getrag?

Hmm I put a zf 6 speed in my e30 circa 2010. Would do it again if desired a 6 speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kristov
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    Everything.

So you would rather take the ZF over the e46 m3 Getrag?

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Everything.

Leave a comment:

• kristov
    replied
    What are the advantages with this ZF over the Getrag?

Size, weight, smoother shifts?

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X