No announcement yet.

Deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding this item from zionsville.

Is this for 2008.5+ compatibility with E36 style flywheels, or for all newer ZF6 wanting to run an e36 flywheel?

There is a local 2007 328i 6 speed for sale, I'm looking to run with my M52B28/aftermarket single mass 240mm flywheel.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

anyone have a list of ratios for the ZF 6 speed that will fit the m20 in place of the G260?

im assuming there is more than 1 set of ratios?
      Last edited by digger; 01-04-2015, 05:07 PM.
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:45 PM.
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Thanks H, I just bought this ZF320 flywheel/clutch setup and new OEM bearings, slave, etc. Too much money to start again right now, maybe in the future.

I found one mention of that zionsville piece vibrating loose... lots of potential to damage things there.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Deleted
            Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:46 PM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

The figures in this chart are with a 3.15 diff. It is possible the GS637DZ has different ratios to the GS637BZ. I am finding 1st gear so low on this box I am just using 2nd gear from a dig with the M50B28 turbo vanos motor. I'm running a 3.25 LSD diff at the moment.

-----------------
              89 M50B28 turbo
              LINKY
              -----------------

Comment

I have the zf gs6-37 transmission from an E46 330ci I believe. installing it into my E30 that has S52 w/ g260

Just ordered my 22 spline clutch disc w/ e36 m3 pressure plate from UUC,

I got the pilot bearing adapter from TC Kline (i think. zionsville has no interest in selling it anymore individually)

Ordered the double sheer shifter carrier, and factory selector rod.

now im going to order the part mentioned in the OP, looks great thanks for sharing! too bad its not $20 anymore haha.

Now I'm wondering, should I just fabricate something together for the bottom piece / cross member or is there an OEM piece I can buy that gets pretty close?

Do i use the E90 automatic one or the E46 6 speed one.

I currently have a white325is brace.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwe30s52SC View Post
                  I have the zf gs6-37 transmission from an E46 330ci I believe. installing it into my E30 that has S52 w/ g260

Just ordered my 22 spline clutch disc w/ e36 m3 pressure plate from UUC,

I got the pilot bearing adapter from TC Kline (i think. zionsville has no interest in selling it anymore individually)

Ordered the double sheer shifter carrier, and factory selector rod.

now im going to order the part mentioned in the OP, looks great thanks for sharing! too bad its not $20 anymore haha.

Now I'm wondering, should I just fabricate something together for the bottom piece / cross member or is there an OEM piece I can buy that gets pretty close?

Do i use the E90 automatic one or the E46 6 speed one.

I currently have a white325is brace.
                  I can't find that adaptor on the tc Kline website. Do you have a part number?
                  S52-Powered 1987
                  sigpic

Comment

Use a 330i FW. What FW do you have (if any) right now?
                    -----------------
                    89 M50B28 turbo
                    LINKY
                    -----------------

Comment

Just bought a used g260 and sold my 3.25 lsd. Fail x2. Great info though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nutzy View Post
                        Use a 330i FW. What FW do you have (if any) right now?
                        I have the e36 M3 one that matches my e36 M3 trans. I have an e46 M3 6-speed that I'm going to install this fall and I just want to get the pieces together. Trying to figure out if I need a new flywheel and that adaptor or just a new disk.
                        S52-Powered 1987
                        sigpic

Comment

Bump for any more new info out there

Comment

Deleted
                            Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                              A. S52 engine S52 flywheel+ 6mt Getrag 420 friction disc + s54 pressure plate + 6mt g420 getrag transmission is proven compatible.
                              Did you mean S52 or S54 pressure plate?
                              I'd heard that the G420 has a short input shaft and the pilot bearing is in the flywheel? That's why I'm asking. Just trying to plan ahead so I'm not air-freighting heavy parts around trying to get my car back on the road in minimum time.
                              S52-Powered 1987
                              sigpic

Comment

Look at photos on the interwebs.

Dont ask for spoons to feed on

Comment

Working...
                                X