Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bmw Oem part avail to mount zf6 speed transmission (2005+) into e30

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by raudonis
    What did you mean by this? e46 front + e30 back?
    Hell no.

    Apply simple logic and tell us if what you posted is even physically possible


    It would be faster for you to google image to answer your question than posting it
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

    Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30



    Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

    Comment


      #62
      This is interesting. I see you say that a diesel version of the 6-speed is needed for the m20 tilt, could you just use an AKG style shifter (for lack of better term) and a custom dssr like many of the m30 swap guys make?

      I just ask because a 6 speed could be nice, and fresher than old g260's.

      But what if I have a custom ASP flywheel for e36 (s52) with a quartermaster triple disc clutch. How would that fly? hahaha
      sigpic

      Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

      1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

      Instagram @rebellionforge

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
        This is interesting. I see you say that a diesel version of the 6-speed is needed for the m20 tilt, could you just use an AKG style shifter (for lack of better term) and a custom dssr like many of the m30 swap guys make?


        I just ask because a 6 speed could be nice, and fresher than old g260's.

        But what if I have a custom ASP flywheel for e36 (s52) with a quartermaster triple disc clutch. How would that fly? hahaha
        Some simple math should answer which box is newest. Perhaps one should drive x the country trying to blow self up at 135mph while instagingering


        ***ding ding ding winning thought here*** lets be smart and avoid the shift carrier entirely. titties idea
        **

        S52 /m50 /m20 clutch anything only has 2 issues with the zf6; these 2 simple annoying issues make it really not worth it to even bother adapting.

        Clutch : wear item. Sometime in its life it will be worth 0 and you wont care.

        Time the mofo so you dont give a shit
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

        Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30



        Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

        Comment


          #64
          What are the advantages with this ZF over the Getrag?

          Size, weight, smoother shifts?

          Comment


            #65
            Everything.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

            Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30



            Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
              Everything.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              So you would rather take the ZF over the e46 m3 Getrag?

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by kristov View Post
                So you would rather take the ZF over the e46 m3 Getrag?

                Hmm I put a zf 6 speed in my e30 circa 2010. Would do it again if desired a 6 speed


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

                Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30



                Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

                Comment


                  #68
                  I was curious if the info you had provided is correct.
                  HERE you list a part (which I have) that better suits the E30 chassis.

                  HERE
                  You state the crossmember can be used to hold the trans up.

                  Is this correct, or did you find the part in the first link later? Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                    I was curious if the info you had provided is correct.
                    HERE you list a part (which I have) that better suits the E30 chassis.

                    HERE
                    You state the crossmember can be used to hold the trans up.

                    Is this correct, or did you find the part in the first link later? Thanks!
                    I do believe he is talking about the same two pieces.
                    My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

                    Comment


                      #70
                      The stock oem e9x transmission support brace does not fit the e30. The first piece he mentioned in the first post can be used in conjunction with the custom g260/e30 brace made by a member here.
                      I'll be stuffing the gs6-53bz into my swap they can take massive amounts of abuse; gentlemen on the diesel forums are using the 53bz to transfer 1200wtq cummins/powerstroke etc
                      Last edited by the imitator; 03-20-2016, 02:59 AM.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                        I'll be stuffing the gs6-53bz into my swap they can take massive amounts of abuse; gentlemen on the diesel forums are using the 53bz to transfer 1200wtq cummins/powerstroke etc
                        What did BMW use it in?

                        Comment


                          #72
                          335i, 335d, M3, M5, M6, and some other models however; The bell housing on the M series vehicles have a much different bolt pattern, not even close. The 335i GS6-53bz is the transmission to use in this case, you'd be happy to hear that a great percentage of the bolt pattern matches up in 24v cases.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Hi Guys.

                            Does this thread relate to 330CI Manual ZF 6 Speed gearbox?

                            Also what to do about driveshaft, has anybody found anything off the shelf that can work? Or is it always going to have to be 330CI front section and E30 rear section with extension or shortening done?

                            Thanks.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              So I'm finally taking the dive. I've sourced a Zhp ZF trans with flywheel, shift linkage, and clutch. It wasn't covered in this thread and maybe it's an unspoken truth. I'm assuming the driveshaft does not need to be modified, and the only engineering but would be the shift linkage for how the trans is rotated? I'll be sourcing the trans brace from
                              http://store.garagistic.com/e30-perf...ket-m42-m50-zf

                              Or here

                              https://www.kasselperformance.com/pr...-mounting-kit/

                              Feedback would be awesome as I've read this whole thread and didn't pick up on it
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by E30DriftMissile View Post
                                So I'm finally taking the dive. I've sourced a Zhp ZF trans with flywheel, shift linkage, and clutch. It wasn't covered in this thread and maybe it's an unspoken truth. I'm assuming the driveshaft does not need to be modified, and the only engineering but would be the shift linkage for how the trans is rotated? I'll be sourcing the trans brace from
                                http://store.garagistic.com/e30-perf...ket-m42-m50-zf

                                Or here

                                https://www.kasselperformance.com/pr...-mounting-kit/

                                Feedback would be awesome as I've read this whole thread and didn't pick up on it
                                I actually have a brand new Kassel Performance ZHP six-speed mount made just for what you're trying to do. I decided to go in a different direction with my car and I'd be willing to sell it for less than what I paid for it. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X