Deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:48 PM.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

This is interesting. I see you say that a diesel version of the 6-speed is needed for the m20 tilt, could you just use an AKG style shifter (for lack of better term) and a custom dssr like many of the m30 swap guys make?

I just ask because a 6 speed could be nice, and fresher than old g260's.

But what if I have a custom ASP flywheel for e36 (s52) with a quartermaster triple disc clutch. How would that fly? hahaha
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:49 PM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

What are the advantages with this ZF over the Getrag?

Size, weight, smoother shifts?

Comment

Everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
              Everything.

So you would rather take the ZF over the e46 m3 Getrag?

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
                So you would rather take the ZF over the e46 m3 Getrag?

Hmm I put a zf 6 speed in my e30 circa 2010. Would do it again if desired a 6 speed

Comment

I was curious if the info you had provided is correct.
                  HERE you list a part (which I have) that better suits the E30 chassis.

HERE
                  You state the crossmember can be used to hold the trans up.

Is this correct, or did you find the part in the first link later? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                    I was curious if the info you had provided is correct.
                    HERE you list a part (which I have) that better suits the E30 chassis.

HERE
                    You state the crossmember can be used to hold the trans up.

Is this correct, or did you find the part in the first link later? Thanks!
                    I do believe he is talking about the same two pieces.
                    My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

The stock oem e9x transmission support brace does not fit the e30. The first piece he mentioned in the first post can be used in conjunction with the custom g260/e30 brace made by a member here.
                      I'll be stuffing the gs6-53bz into my swap they can take massive amounts of abuse; gentlemen on the diesel forums are using the 53bz to transfer 1200wtq cummins/powerstroke etc
                      Last edited by the imitator; 03-20-2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                        I'll be stuffing the gs6-53bz into my swap they can take massive amounts of abuse; gentlemen on the diesel forums are using the 53bz to transfer 1200wtq cummins/powerstroke etc
                        What did BMW use it in?

Comment

335i, 335d, M3, M5, M6, and some other models however; The bell housing on the M series vehicles have a much different bolt pattern, not even close. The 335i GS6-53bz is the transmission to use in this case, you'd be happy to hear that a great percentage of the bolt pattern matches up in 24v cases.

Comment

Hi Guys.

Does this thread relate to 330CI Manual ZF 6 Speed gearbox?

Also what to do about driveshaft, has anybody found anything off the shelf that can work? Or is it always going to have to be 330CI front section and E30 rear section with extension or shortening done?

Thanks.

Comment

So I'm finally taking the dive. I've sourced a Zhp ZF trans with flywheel, shift linkage, and clutch. It wasn't covered in this thread and maybe it's an unspoken truth. I'm assuming the driveshaft does not need to be modified, and the only engineering but would be the shift linkage for how the trans is rotated? I'll be sourcing the trans brace from
                              Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Or here

Only E46 M3 Getrag 420 transmission is supported as of 9/2023. Kit provides a turnkey mounting solution for various BMW bolt-up transmissions for E30 swaps available for a variety of transmissions including: E46 M3 6-speed (Getrag 420G), E46 330i ZHP 6-speed(ZF GS6-37),E46 330i ZHP 6-speed(ZF GS6-37), E90/E60 6-speed (ZF 6HP26);  Includes ALL necessary hardware to make mounting transmission […]

Feedback would be awesome as I've read this whole thread and didn't pick up on it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30DriftMissile View Post
                                So I'm finally taking the dive. I've sourced a Zhp ZF trans with flywheel, shift linkage, and clutch. It wasn't covered in this thread and maybe it's an unspoken truth. I'm assuming the driveshaft does not need to be modified, and the only engineering but would be the shift linkage for how the trans is rotated? I'll be sourcing the trans brace from
                                Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Or here

Only E46 M3 Getrag 420 transmission is supported as of 9/2023. Kit provides a turnkey mounting solution for various BMW bolt-up transmissions for E30 swaps available for a variety of transmissions including: E46 M3 6-speed (Getrag 420G), E46 330i ZHP 6-speed(ZF GS6-37),E46 330i ZHP 6-speed(ZF GS6-37), E90/E60 6-speed (ZF 6HP26);  Includes ALL necessary hardware to make mounting transmission […]

Feedback would be awesome as I've read this whole thread and didn't pick up on it
                                I actually have a brand new Kassel Performance ZHP six-speed mount made just for what you're trying to do. I decided to go in a different direction with my car and I'd be willing to sell it for less than what I paid for it. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X