X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by Slovik View Post
    does anyone know of a company that makes a flywheel adaptable to the s50 / s52 engines that has the external pin for the later model e90 6 speeds with the pilot bearing in the input shaft. Would like to upgrade my e36 M3 to a 6 speed and the earlier boxes with the flywheel pilot bearing are getting more difficult to find at this point.
    ba114 is doing this with a conversion flywheel from Adamat.
    Might be some details in the most recent posts in his build thread

Leave a comment:

• Slovik
    replied
    does anyone know of a company that makes a flywheel adaptable to the s50 / s52 engines that has the external pin for the later model e90 6 speeds with the pilot bearing in the input shaft. Would like to upgrade my e36 M3 to a 6 speed and the earlier boxes with the flywheel pilot bearing are getting more difficult to find at this point.

Leave a comment:

• ausikaner
    replied
    Hello folks, this thread may be a bit old, so sorry for reviving it (if it is meant to stay dead, let me know)

Please note of the following info regarding the 6 speed transmissions:

Info on here regarding the GS6-37BZ/DZ is correct. Nothing to add to it.
    Except its maximum torque - 350nm (258ft lbf)

However I noticed some people are referencing the Getrag transmissions:
    The code for it is GS6-17BG (B = Petrol (Gasoline) G = Manufacturer GETRAG)
    There were no DG models (D = Diesel) as the transmission max rated torque is 320nm (236ft lbf)

I contacted BMW to get the info as I wanted to get a 6 speed transmission for my S50B32 (EU) engine.

You can probably exceed the max torque on the transmissions - Everyone does it, but for a couple of dollars more I personally opted for the GS6-37

The GS6-17's were placed in most post E90 cars (Including E60's, E81-87's)

They were primarily used on the following engine sizes (Including some turbo models) 2.0, 2.5, 2.8 (E.g. 120i (E8x), or 325i(E9x/F3x) or even later 528i(E6x etc) (but had a weird setup for the auto engine stop start, be careful not to get one of those transmissions)

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Goupan View Post
    Looking for this. Any ideas where i can source a good, low mileage one? Thanks!

Search

Leave a comment:

• Goupan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    Modern e90 generation "getrag branded " zf6 speed. Both getrag and zf parts are in here, this one is branded getrag.

Looking for this. Any ideas where i can source a good, low mileage one? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ClayMan
    replied
    Revisiting this project again and thinking of the path less traveled -- a 6-speed ZF from a Z4M into a S54 MZ3.

Will the OEM braces as mentioned by the OP work for this setup?

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    It's funny you mention him, I just found him on FB the other day and have been talking to him about it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    Has anyone done the e46 320d 6 speed swap on the M20 yet? I would like to find someone who has already made the shifter carrier and shifter linkage.
    Austin Sera is making carriers and linkages if you want to buy one.

Leave a comment:

• jebc125
    replied
    Hey Wanganstyle,

I read almost all the post, we have plenty of those gearbox here in Costa Rica, specially the gearbox of the e90 320D. I tried to read your post on e30tech but I received an error from the website using this link http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110010. Do you have the write up in other place or here on R3V, I am really looking forward for this, my e30 260 gearbox is not a good condition.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Has anyone done the e46 320d 6 speed swap on the M20 yet? I would like to find someone who has already made the shifter carrier and shifter linkage.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    It looks like it may be 23007626310

Based on search results:

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X