Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question

Can not having enough transmission fluid effect the shift points?

I don't see how that's remotely possible. It can effect how well you shift. So the shift point doesn't change unless you can't get it into gear.
    The gears in relation to the motor doesn't change because you're low on fluid.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

what can affect shift points, seems like my car shifts differently sometimes...maybe this is why i need to do the tranny swap :)

Comment

primo, Auto or manual? I think Josh is thinking you are driving a 5 speed.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

sorry i didnt specfiy, i drive an auto....my retarted brain would effect my shift point:giggle: lol sorry abouty that. so yeah i have an automatic

Comment

drain it and let us know.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Primo, in answer to your original question...yes. Especially if you let Dave drain all of your tranny fliud out while you are busy cutting your springs. If you cut enough off, your transmission will drain itself.

Heh. Heh-heh.

Damn I am funny.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Well, I don't know the answer with an auto. And funny enough (not really), I haven't learned a whole lot about auto tannies.....
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

i only know a little tiny bit about autoboxes but i believe they shift when the pressure of the fluid gets to a certain point so yes i think low fluid would fuckaround with shift points, but you can add more easily cant you

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                    Primo, in answer to your original question...yes. Especially if you let Dave drain all of your tranny fliud out while you are busy cutting your springs. If you cut enough off, your transmission will drain itself.

Heh. Heh-heh.

Damn I am funny.

Luke
                    Ahh well funny you ...anyways yeah i was thinking that same thing that the fluid pressure might have something to do with shift points....seems when i punch it it some times shift to different gears and such. i dont know....ill drain the tranny fluid and refill it....or just break it like Luke sais OR i can just do the 5 speed tranny swap and screw all this :p thanks for replies even smart ass ones :finger:

Comment

Working...
                    X