• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
    Umh.. It does. check realoem. + it's fitted on my iX Touring lol

edit. I looked at my original post and I forgot to add iX Touring..
    Well aren't you the happy little unicorn? :p

Leave a comment:

• e30davie
    replied
    What is the reasoning for wanting to go a 1 piece drive shaft?

1 piece shaft is going to be custom made so I would be tempted to see what industrial/aftermarket options are available for a slip joint to be built into a 1 piece tail shaft (with fixed ends to bolt up to e30 transmission and diff). google suggests that a slip joint in a 1 piece drift shaft is a thing.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

It does not.

Umh.. It does. check realoem. + it's fitted on my iX Touring lol

edit. I looked at my original post and I forgot to add iX Touring..

Leave a comment:

• E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
    You would have to reset the preload on the pinion gear and get the gear mesh correct if you pull the input flange. Not as simple as just unbolting and bolting back on.
    Input flange doesn’t set gear mesh at all, the preload is the only thing you have to worry about. The crush sleeve is so stiff on these diffs though that you can basically blast the nut back on with an impact and not have it get too tight.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post

I am pretty sure that you can install the large 6 bolt input on an e30 188 case diff. i.e. I think that a 6 bolt input for an e36 M3/e46 M3 CV input exists for the 188 diff. But that input is longer and larger in diameter than a normal 4 bolt input. Does this interfere with the subframe of the e30 or have any other unforeseen consequences I am not thinking of.
    (Some?) E34's had 6 bolt flanges... I just took a glance but couldn't find the part number.

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
    The 325ix comes standard with a 6 bolt driveshaft / diff flange with a CV joint instead of a regular U joint.
    It does not.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    The 325ix comes standard with a 6 bolt driveshaft / diff flange with a CV joint instead of a regular U joint.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    You would have to reset the preload on the pinion gear and get the gear mesh correct if you pull the input flange. Not as simple as just unbolting and bolting back on.

Leave a comment:

• BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    For what purpose?
    Using a 1 piece driveshaft essentially. A CV joint allows for a little bit of slack to be taken up where a uJoint that the e30 has is pretty solid. a 1 piece driveshaft would not have the adjustable section a 2 piece DS has.

I am pretty sure that you can install the large 6 bolt input on an e30 188 case diff. i.e. I think that a 6 bolt input for an e36 M3/e46 M3 CV input exists for the 188 diff. But that input is longer and larger in diameter than a normal 4 bolt input. Does this interfere with the subframe of the e30 or have any other unforeseen consequences I am not thinking of.
    Last edited by BeirBrennerE30; 04-12-2019, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    For what purpose?
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
    to help out since the length adjustment in the stock e30 shaft would be lost. The CV joint can take up a little slack for tolerance issues that a ujoint cant.

Leave a comment:

• e30davie
    replied
    For what purpose?

Leave a comment:

• BeirBrennerE30
    started a topic 6 bolt diff input on e30

6 bolt diff input on e30

Has everyone ever put a 6 bolt e36 diff input flange onto an e30 diff? and then run an e36 or similar CV driveshaft back section?

Curious if this would work with a single piece driveshaft to help out since the length adjustment in the stock e30 shaft would be lost. The CV joint can take up a little slack for tolerance issues that a ujoint cant.
Working...
X