No announcement yet.

Corvette C4 IRS Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah thats about all it needs.. but i've been fighting some issues with my ECU. not sure whats going on there, as the car ran perfectly before. only thing that changed in that department was the fuel system. (tank, pump, lines, rail, regulator)

the aeromotive a1000 pump draws alot of current, and i have it wired off a relay that grabs its power from where my injectors, coils and other stuff do. i'm gonna relocate that (to the trunk) in hopes to reduce the load in that area. its mostly an issue i have during starting so its possible the voltage is dropping too far and my injectors are acting differently that they should.

i have some other small upgrades i had to make too to the trailing arms (4 link bars). i'll post some pics of that later today after i grab some

600hp beast

Comment

finally a worthwile post about a BMW! a great read, cant wait to see the finished product!
      www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

wow, this thread is like a big F*&K you to v8 e30 guys. i would rather have the blown s52 ANY DAY. post some details of your motor build?
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

thanks guys

motor is

built s52,
          CP 8.5:1 piston
          manley rods
          MLS head gasket
          GT35r ball bearing turbo
          custom tubular manifold

thats kinda it really - although i have some ideas from the next one, haha

i might get back to engine stuff once the suspension is 100% squared away.

so for some more up to date stuff

i had a pretty major f up last week - when i was putting the diff cover on (about 3 weeks ago) i was missing a bolt. my garage is a total disaster, so i didn't think much of it.

well what do you know, i found it

it was inside the diff

luckily it didn't do any damage to the internals, just put a small hole in the case

so i had to tear it all apart, and send out the case for welding (its aluminum)

came back good as new, and while i was at it i added a bung for an oil drail

in the grand sceme of things, this only set me back a day or so

During that same time, i was able to upgrade my 4 link bars to adjustable heim rod ends.

reason being - these bars don't simply move up and down, they must also move left and right and twist as the suspension goes up and down. With the stock bars and urethane bushings, they simply weren't moving. The car was getting 'stuck' at different ride heights, etc.

after spending about a week or so on the issue i finally hit up some hot rod forums and talked to some other guys that have done the corvette irs swap. They recommended going to a heim joint, which after thinking about it made perfect sense..

i've never had these types of joints before on a street car, but figured it was my only choice. so far the ride is extremly smooth

here is a picture of the new bars

its hard to see, but there are spacers between the side bracket and the joint - this allows room for full joint movement

The other problem i've been having was with the motor not running properly after installing the new fuel system.

today i relocated the power feed and relay for the pump and that made a huge different. I then also did something similar for my coils and the car is running much much better.

I now need to drive it around a bit and log fuel and adjust my curve, as its running way to run and tends to foul the plugs. but its too damn hot for any more work today - its like a heatwave or somthing

600hp beast

Comment

Sweet goodness. I weep in utter notworthyness.

Comment

Great job man! More pics of the motor :)

"During that same time, i was able to upgrade my 4 link bars to adjustable heim rod ends.

reason being - these bars don't simply move up and down, they must also move left and right and twist as the suspension goes up and down. With the stock bars and urethane bushings, they simply weren't moving. The car was getting 'stuck' at different ride heights, etc."

This is the exact reason why I am hesistant to putting poly or urethane on trailing arm ends, not exactly up/down movement there.
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

holy crap that is sickness

what is the weight of that beast, all said and done?

If it's under 2800 lbs I will kill myself in shame.
                1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

car weighed in at 2670 on friday - but there are still some things to go back in. Most likely it will be around 2700 / 2750 max

made a little video today

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

600hp beast

Comment

holy crap dude, that looks scary fast. cant wait to see some 1/4 slips with vids....
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

haha yeah its a wild ride.

bump for the monday peoples

600hp beast

Comment

Great job! Would love to see a video showing the car outside as well
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Insane.

You are truly a master fabricator. I wish I had 1/10th of your skills.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Doesn't look solid enough..... Just kidding... Awesome work man.

Comment

Holy shit. When do I get a ride? lol
                              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                              e30 restoration and V8 swap
                              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

i smell stickey...

Kick ass job man!!

Comment

Working...
                                X