X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

;)

This weekend bro - you gotta do it

Comment

Holy crap I searched for your thread from your sig pic, good lord this is an amazing build.

And look at the E34 above me! We need info on that beast too!
      Reminiscing...

Comment

oh wow - now this is what I call doing something "different", not idiot poseur rusty hoods and sportmaxx wheels.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Words can not explain the awesometivity of this project. I was pondering the fabrication to take on a project like this afer reading about the C5 miata. Do you have an autocad, solidworks, etc file for your setup?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I think Jay might have some rough sketches on some paper napkins somewhere. hahaha
            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Wow.

impressive work.

Comment

How the fuck did I miss this!?!?!? Awesome work man!!!

Comment

man i wish my thread notifications worked

thanks guys - i do have some rough autocad layouts, but i need to go back and remeasure some stuff and try to document everything as is.

but yeah, there are like 50 million little sketches all over the garage haha.

getting ready to take it to the strip next weekend. still finishing up all the loose ends

id be interested in seeing the c5 miata, any links?

600hp beast

Comment

God damn now that's a set up!....aside from the money any drawbacks? and uh where the hell are you driving that car? seems like cops would just spend all day following you around. That's the only good thing about germany........love the autobahn. Now if i could just get my slug to move faster. awesome work! truly

Comment

your car make me horny in my pants. seriously though that is freakin awesome if i can someday build an e30 half that sweet i will die happy.

if you don't mind me asking how long did it take you and how much money have you dropped on this?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Awesome work man. I don't think it could have been done any better. How long did this whole project take (the suspension I mean)?

Comment

holy fuck! Insanity

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

thanks guys... the suspension project took about 4 months, estimated 250 - 300 hours

i didn't really keep track of the cost, but the problem was the project overlapped into many areas of the car..

custom wheels.. $$$
                            replace entire fuel system $$$
                            custom axles
                            custom driveshaft
                            vette suspension
                            All adjustable heim joints / rods
                            tires
                            roll cage
                            sheetmetal
                            tools required (sheetmetal brake, etc)

i'd estimate somewhere between 8 and 10k. in otherwords. i'd rather not really know :)

if it wasn't for the fact i can do all the work myself, the project would not have been possible

600hp beast

Comment

Originally posted by bender View Post
                              thanks guys... the suspension project took about 4 months, estimated 250 - 300 hours

if it wasn't for the fact i can do all the work myself, the project would not have been possible
                              Sooooooo true. If you had to get custom work done at shop rates, this project probably would have cost 30K in labor, not to mention all of the uncounted hours of engineering this project must have taken up--like daydreaming about rear suspension design while at work, while taking a dump at work, at lunch, etc. :mrgreen:

Also, getting up to speed in terms of fabrication skill can't really be quantified. Some people are cut out for it, others aren't. Like me, it took me half a day to fab and install a coolant expansion tank bracket. Hahahahah!

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

That is fricken cool. My old boss actually has the same rear suspension for sale, bit out of my league though.

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                                Sooooooo true. If you had to get custom work done at shop rates, this project probably would have cost 30K in labor, not to mention all of the uncounted hours of engineering this project must have taken up--like daydreaming about rear suspension design while at work, while taking a dump at work, at lunch, etc. :mrgreen:

Also, getting up to speed in terms of fabrication skill can't really be quantified. Some people are cut out for it, others aren't. Like me, it took me half a day to fab and install a coolant expansion tank bracket. Hahahahah!
                                Other thing is access to tools and equipment. When I'm away at uni I've got nowhere near the same tools available to me, so everything takes so much longer or isn't done as nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X