Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Swap Parts List

Hey all,

I recently bought a 1991 E30 325i and am planning to do a manual swap in the next few weeks. I'm new to working on cars and am admittedly pretty lost, but I've spent several hours on RealOEM / reading threads / watching youtube videos to try to get a feel for what I've gotten myself into. That being said, I've compiled a list of parts & hardware I plan to purchase (see attached excel file) and was hoping to get some input from some of the more experienced folks on this forum, specifically around:

1) I've basically assumed that I will be replacing ALL hardware with brand new parts... are there any parts that can be reused or should I really be shelling out the $$ to completely refresh everything? My understanding was that the total cost should be around ~$1.2k when said and done, but I am at $1.7k on parts alone

2) Are there any brands I should either avoid at all costs (e.g., URO) or are preferred for specific parts (e.g., Corteco driveshaft guide bushing)?

3) For those of you who have installed the Garagistic DSSR, was the upgrade worth the ~$95? Would there be any compatibility issues given that the 5 spd kit I bought has a Z3 short shifter installed?

4) Any general tips / tricks on the install itself, as well as any general feedback on the parts list

Would be great to get a 2nd set of eyes on this file before I pull the trigger and start ordering parts - realize it's a big ask but any help would be much appreciated! At the very least I hope others can use this (non-definitive) list as a resource down the road :)

Thanks in advance,
    Rich
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
Working...
X