Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by matt king; 01-03-2017, 09:12 AM.

To be honest the easiest way is to run a 2.2 Ohm resister across plug. Set it and forget it. Or just tune it out if you have a tuner that knows what they are doing.
    Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
    Cab
    billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
    : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
    88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Haha oh wow Brain fart. You are 100% correct.
      Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
      Cab
      billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
      : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
      88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Why not wire it to be activated by the brake light switch?
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Before I swapped to an LSx motor in my trans am I put a t56 behind the original small block. I wired it to the brake light switch and in 8 years of driving I hit reverse once. And yes it was while I was coasting down a hill in 6th and went to downshift into 5th on the brakes.

Are you not running the LS PCM? You could always run a VSS signal to it and it could control the reverse lockout for you. It opens under 5mph or something like that
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350

Comment

I haven't a clue what pin 14 does. Did your car come with cruise control? Are you keeping it? I'm pretty sure there is a pin on the cluster that is supposed to go to the cruise control module that could be tapped into.

Comment

I don't have anything for my reverse switch. I just muscle it in at stops. Unless the LS2 ECU does something I'm not aware of...

Comment

Your T56 should already have a VSS in it...

Run that to your LS ECU... just like GM did. Just get your tuner to program the computer for your tire size and axle ratio. As long as you're running a 24x engine, you should be able to have both cruise and reverse lockout working correctly.

Comment

Yep, it's almost too easy. It should be harder on a BMW.

Comment

If you just don't touch the wiring and are running the stock pcm you won't have an issue. It will disengage the lockout at I think 5mph (don't have my laptop to check, I think I changed mine to 3). Goes into reverse like butter at a stop (I cant even find 5th usually when stopped) and I have yet to hit reverse with mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X