Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singulaarity
    replied
    Dead thread maybe, but wanted to throw an update on this in case anyone runs into the same issue. There are indeed two different slave cylinders configurations (regarding bleeder and feed line) that came on the LS motors. The newer TR6060 have seemed to mostly be the newer style that you cannot find the fitting for.

Chase Bays offers a great kit, and as of writing this it only works with the older LS1 slave configuration.

Pic from Chase Bay's site and their kit- you can see that the supply line is fixed using a pin

Newer slave style- found on a 2010 Camaro TR6060 and also in a new clutch kit for the LS7

Bleed valve thread (bottom one is newer style)

Feed Line, same difference as shown previously in thread)

The only place I've found that has these adapters are Hinson and Tick Performance. There are some ebay vendors that sell the adapter but haven't purchased to try any of them yet.
    https://www.tickperformance.com/tick...lave-cylinder/
    https://www.tickperformance.com/tick...p-04-07-cts-v/
    Last edited by Singulaarity; 08-24-2019, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TR8
    replied
    Well I got the Russel fittings and they are tiny. This is the factory supplied LS7 Luk kit hose. It has the smaller fitting at MC end and the larger one at the slave.
    Hmm.

This is the connector that fits my TO bearing next to the Russell. I'm not going to see if it fits as the lovely t/o bearing was pre bled from Luk and I don't want to get fluid on it to complicate it's return.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Q8y_drifter
    replied
    Originally posted by TR8 View Post
    Great, thanks for the info. Did you also use an angle fitting in the bell housing and a 20 inch line ?
    I was wondering if a line with a 90 degree bend in the fitting would work on the MC end, vs an expensive banjo fitting ?
    I'm using a Wilwood boosterless pedal box on mine. Bought a 1/8-27 NPT to -3AN fitting for the Wilwood MC and attached a 30" -3AN/-3AN braided hose with a 90deg angle on the MC end.
    Free Shipping - Russell Competition Brake Hose Assemblies with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Brake Hoses, Individual at Summit Racing.

I haven't swapped the engine in yet but so far it looks like everything should work fine. I went overboard with the hose length just incase.

Leave a comment:

• TR8
    replied
    Great, thanks for the info. Did you also use an angle fitting in the bell housing and a 20 inch line ?
    I was wondering if a line with a 90 degree bend in the fitting would work on the MC end, vs an expensive banjo fitting ?

Leave a comment:

• 1991 e30 bmw 318is
    replied
    also fit my truck slave. should be the same

Leave a comment:

• Q8y_drifter
    replied
    I have an LS7 clutch, flywheel and PP with an updated LS1 slave cylinder. Used the fitting above and it works perfect.

Leave a comment:

• iansane
    replied

This worked in my LS2 style slave cylinder, would it not work with the LS7?

Leave a comment:

• TR8
    started a topic ls7 clutch hydraulic fitting adapter

ls7 clutch hydraulic fitting adapter

I bought a Luk ls7 clutch and flywheel package from rock auto. it included a new throw out bearing and fluid line. now the adapter is different than the adapter in my GTO. I looked at the new adapter with the 2- O rings and I thought about drilling it out and tapping for a common an3 line. Looks just like one I saw for sale, with two flats filed into it to hold it in place on a vice.
Working...
X