M60 E30 from NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khabel View Post
    Any chance you can fix your previous pics, they are all showing photobucket errors?

Thanks
    Images have been fixed now :)

Comment

This thing is great, congrats on the great results!
      Does the dashboard need to come out to fit the brake booster kit?
      First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Oh man loving your build!!!!!!! colour scheme suits it well, the car just stands out!!!!!! Exactly what I want for my cars.
        Did read your build a while back cause I noticed you are from NZ and figured your car was RHD also, only thing I could not see your pics, works now Perfect.
        I was busy trying to figure out manifold modifications today,what a pain this was. Accomplished nothing....... Day went to waist spent most of the time looking at the engine resting in its new home.
        Do you have any pics of steering clearance,anything more on those manifolds to help me with my build. Even a few tips for me please.

And is that the original e30 brake booster you using?
        What remote reservoir lines are you using?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slum dog View Post
          Oh man loving your build!!!!!!! colour scheme suits it well, the car just stands out!!!!!! Exactly what I want for my cars.
          Did read your build a while back cause I noticed you are from NZ and figured your car was RHD also, only thing I could not see your pics, works now Perfect.
          I was busy trying to figure out manifold modifications today,what a pain this was. Accomplished nothing....... Day went to waist spent most of the time looking at the engine resting in its new home.
          Do you have any pics of steering clearance,anything more on those manifolds to help me with my build. Even a few tips for me please.

And is that the original e30 brake booster you using?
          What remote reservoir lines are you using?

Thanks.
          Thanks man! yeah the two tone has definitely grown on me....

Yeah manifolds are a big headache. I used the factory manifolds and cut and joined them higher up on the passenger side and had to make a whole new manifold for the drivers side, clearance on the steering shaft is very tight, changed shaft to a DD shaft and some flaming river universal joints for it to clear but still very tight.

The booster was a kit i bought from ergen motorsport, you can use the factory booster with their bracket but i chose to use their mini booster and matching master cylinder, the glovebox becomes unusable once you start chopping it up, the reservoir i order some elbows and res from a 2002 and got a good length of factory BMW clutch res line to redo them.

I also had to shave the alternator casing a little to clearance the frame rail a little bit.

I found some pics of the manifolds, i hope these help.

If there's anything else i can help with PM me and ill do my best to help you out
          Attached Files
          Last edited by WYZEUP; 08-26-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot my friend those pics gave me confidence, once i got off work I did the passenger side manifold in an hour cutting and tacking, It fits perfect.
            Once I getting my steering shaft I will attempt the driver side.
            Cheers.

Comment

No worries my man.

These http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph...5/s0008/FR1963
              and some DD shaft is the best option for the steering shaft to give you the most clearance.

Comment

Working...
              X