No announcement yet.

86 eta 5.0 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut the core support off and cleaned up the car side of it. Swapped the carb setup on.

Verified the strut bar will still work with the carb.

edit: Air filter showed up, bought an Edelbrock for my Holley carb

Last edited by Elysian; 12-24-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

The rear end is out of the BMW. Already have the replacement modified and painted, but need to press in new wheel bearings and buy the rest of the big brake kit. The subframe bushings were stuck on pretty good, took some wrestling to get this out.

Also need to add a second diff mount while it's out.

Oh I also measured the driveshaft length before I pulled out. With the WC T5 I came up with a length of 46" from end of output shaft to diff flange.
      Last edited by Elysian; 12-25-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Got the new fuel pressure regulator in today. Plan right now is to drain the gas tank and refill it with clean fuel, install a new fuel filter, and install the new regulator. Then I'll clean up the wiring, prime the engine with oil again (since it's been so long), and run it. I'm going to start getting quotes for a driveshaft as well, possibly get that going.

I also went ahead and just ordered a GM HEI style distributor with vacuum advance. Didn't think through the distributor I picked up with the electric advance. Should be here tomorrow.

Comment

That escalated quickly. Driveshaft is being made. Should be done mid next week.

Comment

LKQ (junkyard) had a 40% off sale this weekend, so went and grabbed some E46 control arms for the E30 build.

Comment

whats the plan for the exhaust? are you going to do duals or merge them into a single or what? things gonna sound great either way

Comment

Cool build, man. Can't wait to see it run.
                91 318i LS Swap In Progress - Build Thread

Divided Being Motorsports - Youtube Channel / Build Log

www.dividedbeing.com

Successful Transactions With : AWDBOB

Comment

Originally posted by hkv View Post
                  whats the plan for the exhaust? are you going to do duals or merge them into a single or what? things gonna sound great either way
                  I'll have a better idea when the driveshaft is in.

Comment

Speaking of...

Driveshaft is done.

Came to $375.

Comment

Grabbed a 2nd set of the BBK shorty headers so I could run a proper passenger side header. Wish I could have found just a passenger, but this set wasn't too expensive. Saw plenty of drivers side headers on eBay...

Comment

Minor stuff today... Started mocking up the alternator and power steering pump, which meant relocating the dipstick tube and engine ground. Relocated the engine ground to the alternator mount.

Installed the breathers and the put the new distributor in place. Found out the 14" filter I purchased won't fit, so bought a 12" in the same style.

Then, since I bought a second set of BBK shorty headers, installed the correct passenger side header. However, I found I had to clearance the firewall to get it to go.

Looked at some other things like the clutch slave cylinder, still not sure how I'm going to accomplish that right now.

Comment

Did you try the headers two different ways? the pics above look like you had the passenger side facing front then rear. How well do the MAC headers clear the spark plugs? Its really hard to find headers for GT40P heads.

Comment

I mentioned two posts up that I bought a second set so I could run a proper passenger side header. I'd rather do that for plumbing the exhaust. That's all. Spark plugs were nearly inaccessible on the passenger side as well. Now they aren't.

Comment

11 months since I last worked on the car, I finally spent some time under it. Not a lot, I don't have a lot of down-time I can dedicate to the car, but at least I got something done.

I pressed in the Delrin rear subframe mount bushings, then installed the modified rear subframe in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                11 months since I last worked on the car, I finally spent some time under it. Not a lot, I don't have a lot of down-time I can dedicate to the car, but at least I got something done.

I pressed in the Delrin rear subframe mount bushings, then installed the modified rear subframe in the car.

Heh. Looks like we're on the same wavelength. Jumping back in the water at the same time.
                                91 318i LS Swap In Progress - Build Thread

Divided Being Motorsports - Youtube Channel / Build Log

www.dividedbeing.com

Successful Transactions With : AWDBOB

Comment

Working...
                                X