No announcement yet.

86 eta 5.0 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor update, stopped by the wrecking yard and got the rear brake calipers I need. Should have all the parts I need to assemble all that. Need to figure out sway bar now...

Comment

Ireland Engineering 25/22mm sway bar set is ordered (hopefully ships soon), Canton Racing oil pan that I think may fit is ordered and will be here Friday, and seat is en route from Summit Racing. Will hopefully be able to sell the stock black leather comfort seats, but will have to see what kind of condition they're in.

Comment

Mounted the cheap Summit Racing seat in the car, fitment is nice after chopping the brackets down a touch.

edit: I store a lot of parts inside the car btw, limited on space in my garage.
        Last edited by Elysian; 01-23-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

My precious

Comment

This swaybar kit is sweet.

Comment

Got the rear sway bar mounts welded in today:

And made myself very dirty in the process.

Now I can work more on building up the rear end, getting the trailing arms, shocks, springs, etc in. Small job but big step in the grand scheme. Still need to seam seal and paint some spots though, and finish the trunk floor, but felt the sway bar was an important step.

Comment

Decided to change the engine management yet again, because I fell in love with the Holley Terminator X system. I'll be ordering a Ford 302 kit next week. I've confirmed with Holley I should be able to run individual coils like I was with the Megasquirt, but this change means I won't have to make my own harness, which was one of the biggest downfalls of my Megasquirt build, I am not a good harness maker by any stretch. Don't have the patience for it. I may also get the Holley dash and go all digital dash.

Comment

Terminator X+7" digital dash+MSD cam sync have been ordered. Probably have everything near the end of the month.

Comment

Biden Bucks in use!! I love the holley digital dash, is that part of your plan?

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
                      Biden Bucks in use!! I love the holley digital dash, is that part of your plan?
                      Haven't gotten the stimulus yet, but I made a bunch of money off Gamestop stock.

Yes, the Holley digital dash will replace the stock dash.

Comment

First piece has shown up, plus a shirt.

Pretty impressed with the housing for this digital display, was expecting plastic but it's metal, very nicely made.

Comment

Hit my welds on the rear end with a grinder and more heat this weekend. Still ugly but at least they penetrate. Just about done with the rear fabrication, only thing left is the floor panel.

Comment

Efi intake manifold is back on in preparation for the Holley Terminator X.

Comment

Cut the trunk floor panel today, welded it in, and seam sealed everything in the back.

Will let the seam sealer dry overnight, then put some primer down.

Comment

All primed, ready for some sort of topcoat.

Comment

Working...
                                X