X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean
    replied
    Hi Timo, welcome to the forum!

Can you post some photos and details on your OBP pedal box?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• KSR
    replied
    Regarding the Canton 15-276, I have used it on my swap.

I initially used it without any modifications, it sat the engine about 40mm from the firewall. I then decided I needed extra clearance up front for puller fans, so notched it a further 15-20mm to sit the engine a little further back.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Conversions & Swaps - Pinouts and wiring diagrams - I have some pinouts for the LSx series engines. The pinouts are below as attachments, the diagrams are linked below. Keywords: Diagram, wiring, pinout, schematic, wiring, harness Diagrams 2003 Silverado 3500HD 6.0L truck...

I'm pretty sure all the engine mount and bellhousing holes are the same across all Gen III and Gen IV engines (everything in the LS family).

The oil pans are specific to the cars the engines were used in, though. An LS3 could have a Camaro or Corvette oil pan. You probably want the Corvette pan.

The crank trigger wheel changed from 24x to 58x going from Gen III to Gen IV... the LS3 will have 58x. The came position sensor changed a couple of times as well.

The computer hardware can be set up/tuned for whatever combo, though. HP Tuners and EFI Live are the common tuning packages. Does your tuner have either of those, or will you be self tuning?

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    started a topic My M60 Drift-Build from Germany, going LS

My M60 Drift-Build from Germany, going LS

Hey Guys,
    I´m Timo from southern Germany and this is my 1991 4-Door E30:

Specs:
    - M60B40 Engine with something around 300hp
    - 3,8kg single mass flywheel with 184mm two disk AP-Racing Clutch
    - 2,93 Differential upgraded to 45%, custom 2 point mounting braket
    - K-Sport Suspension, every bushing is polyurethane, H&R Stabilizer,
    - T-parts angle kit (from sweden), with e46 steering rack
    - Full roll cage in the car, Bash bar in the Front and in the rear
    - Polycarbonate windows
    - fibreglass hood, trunk, sunroof, front and rear bumper, overfenders
    - Brakes are E34 540i with pedal box from OBP

For this Winter I´m currently planning on an LS3 Swap. I´m buying all the parts at the moment, and try to figure out what I need.
    Planning to run the LS3 out of a camaro with an BMW 530D gearbox, with an ABC-Clutch adapter kit.
    I would love to buy the whole sikky swap kit, but its too expensive for me. Planning on the garagistics/canton oil pan right now. The headers and the engine mounts I want to build by myself.

My english is not the best, so I have a little bit of trouble in the research about details of the LS engines. So I´m hoping on a little help from you guys, who did the swap already:
    - is there any place where I can find wiring diagrams of the engine? does the camaro have any canbus systems for the engine? I want to use the original ecu
    - are the mounting holes of oil pans and gearboxes the same on all ls1-ls3 engines?
    - did anyone try the canton 15-276 oil pan in the e30 till now?

more to come :-)
    thanks guys.

Timo
    Last edited by T-mo; 11-12-2017, 02:07 PM.
Working...
X