Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean
    replied
    Love that sound! everytime i see an LS in the engine bay I get jealous on how much smaller it is vs bmw v8 lol!

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    replied
    Woops. Been a while since I posted in here. Finished the Build, Car is running good.

Thanks everybody for the help!
    Video´s are from a test run last summer, after that I went on a few trackdays at the nurburgring.

This winter I´ll put the radiator in the rear and place a new rear Axle in the car. Plus a few modifications on the dashboard and interior.
    cheers

https://vimeo.com/315407891
    https://vimeo.com/315407863

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    replied
    Hey Guys,
    I recieved the first parts, fitted my oil pan and my transmission adapter kit and then went for a firt test fiting of the engine. Today I fabricated the engine mounts.

In the next few days I´ll be doing the propeller shaft and the switching rod. Still waiting for a lot of parts to be shipped from the USA.
    Last edited by T-mo; 03-25-2018, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    The stock ignition system will handle 25 psi of boost... no need for any upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    replied
    Hey Guy´s
    I finally got my engine:

I´ll start to collect the parts missing on the engine from now on.
    Planning on:
    - original LS3 Intake from filter to manifold, Water-pump, starter motor
    - BMW 4cyl. alternator
    - opel zafira power steering pump (not belt driven)

any suggestions about ignition coils? there are too many to choose :-D

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    replied
    Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. I´ve much too much other stuff to do, as I´m currently writing my bachelor thesis.
    Unfortunately, I still don´t have the engine. I should get it in the next one or two weeks

@Jean: you can pick the size of your brake and clutch cylinders. In my case, I purchased it from a german seller. I could choos between 0,625" 0,7", 0,75" (no extra money) and 7/8" + 1" (costs a few bucks more). purchased it here:
    https://www.rennsportshop.com/de-fah...Universal.html

@Pootis, dueyferg: I have adjustable rails on a Recaro Profi SPG seat. I just go for the position at the end of the Rail because I´m 1,93meters. Thats 6″4
    I guess.

@TimeMachinE30: thanks! not that common, just normal I guess ;)
    we don´t have many LS swaps, because all the guy´s want to keep the cars on the road. there is absolutely no way to get the car street legal with an non BMW engine. I had my M60 swap street legal few years ago, but It´s tough to go through the inspection. In Motorsports there are like 2 or 3 (E30 swaps) in germany, but I´ve never seen an LS3 swap. They are all ls1 or ls2.
    The biggest problem is to get all the parts cheap and fast if something breaks. That might also be a point we don´t have them that often.

Leave a comment:

• TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Timo. Knew a Timo from Hanover.... common name?

Nice car. Are there many LS swaps there?

Leave a comment:

• dueyferg
    replied
    I was wondering about room also. How tall are you?

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Did you have to position the seat further back with the floor mounted box?

Leave a comment:

• Jean
    replied
    T-Mo - thanks buddy! Does that box come with the masters or have options to pick masters of different sizes to match the brake calipers / car for optimal balance?

Leave a comment:

• dasmanschaft012
    replied
    Im not a huge fan of floor mounted boxes, but I have to say, that looks super serviceable/adjustable compared to the poorly-engineered Garagistic pedal box mount.
    Last edited by dasmanschaft012; 11-28-2017, 12:34 PM. Reason: had to call-out Garagistic

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    replied
    @The Dark Side of Will
    Thanks, I will look for more informations about that.

@Jean
    I made some pictures. Car is still dirty from the last drift event :p

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by T-mo View Post
    I was thinking about a standalone ecu, but this is also an additional cost point. I could tune it by myself. ( I´m still studying engineering of cars at university, so thats the backround to my low budget)
    The only thing I´m worried about is if the camaro has a immobilizer (is that the correct word?), and if I could trick that system.
    Factory ECU + HPTuners would probably be cost competitive with a pre-assembled megasquirt, even factoring in trans-Atlantic shipping for the ECU.

Leave a comment:

• Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by T-mo View Post
    Hey Guys, thanks for your answers!
    Sorry for the late response, had to much stuff to do....

@ The Dark Side of Will
    Thanks a lot for the wiring diagrams! I found the right ones for the 2011 camaro ls3!
    I still don´t really know which parts I will get with the engine. If I can get the original ecu, i will use it. I was thinking about a standalone ecu, but this is also an additional cost point. I could tune it by myself. ( I´m still studying engineering of cars at university, so thats the backround to my low budget)
    The only thing I´m worried about is if the camaro has a immobilizer (is that the correct word?), and if I could trick that system.

@KSR
    thanks for posting your experience! I will order the canton oil pan.

@jean
    I don´t have pictures from my car especially. I could do some pics, if you need. the pedal box is this one:
    http://www.obpltd.com/Pedal-Boxes/Ki...l-Box-OBPKC003
    works perfekt in track use. only thing to optimize is the mounting of the throttle cable at the thottle pedal.
    Sick - if you could grab some photos of it mounted in the car I would love to see it. I have a different setup, and not really liking it so I am looking at other options to go with a 3 pedal box to keep the pedals more aligned together.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• T-mo
    replied
    Hey Guys, thanks for your answers!
    Sorry for the late response, had to much stuff to do....

@ The Dark Side of Will
    Thanks a lot for the wiring diagrams! I found the right ones for the 2011 camaro ls3!
    I still don´t really know which parts I will get with the engine. If I can get the original ecu, i will use it. I was thinking about a standalone ecu, but this is also an additional cost point. I could tune it by myself. ( I´m still studying engineering of cars at university, so thats the backround to my low budget)

@KSR
    thanks for posting your experience! I will order the canton oil pan.

@jean
    I don´t have pictures from my car especially. I could do some pics, if you need. the pedal box is this one:
    http://www.obpltd.com/Pedal-Boxes/Ki...l-Box-OBPKC003
    works perfekt in track use. only thing to optimize is the mounting of the throttle cable at the thottle pedal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X