Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M62B44,M60B40 heads & cams, Eaton M112 (now with NOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Alive!

It starts up, idles, runs and drives on the Speeduino EFI. It's obvious the amount of tuning I've got left to do, but it's getting there.

Comment

Video of the car running with the Speeduino:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Other goodies have arrived, including the Jaguar Eaton to BMW heads &, idler & blower case mount kit.

The cylinder heads are currently off getting rebuilt. But in the meantime I've started slowly piecing engine bolt on's back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

what are the details about that intake adapter? that thing looks interesting. the blower stands up pretty high. I assume you will need to cut a hole in the hood?
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk540i/6 View Post
            Other goodies have arrived, including the Jaguar Eaton to BMW heads &, idler & blower case mount kit.

Where the F@#$% do you order that shit from?

Comment

The intake adapter kit is from a BMW forums member named Toolman. He's put together an extensive kit meant for the '99+ E39 M62's, I'm expecting a bit of modding and shaping to get the adapters to work for this application.

Comment

I don’t remember from toolman’s posts, do you have to get the snout of the supercharger shortened to line up with our belts?

Edit: Did you ever finish your research into the supposed m60b44 “high compression” motor everyone claims is created by putting m60 heads on an m62 block?
                Last edited by dmjensen; 03-28-2018, 06:26 AM. Reason: Thought of another question

Comment

You need to pull and flip the S/C pulley for it to line up with BMW pulley.

After my own measuring I've determined that the M62 short block with B40 heads will make 9.94:1 static compression. The folks who assumed 11:1 with B40 heads didn't realize the difference was in the piston height & piston dish volume not in the cyl head chambers....at least not in the engine parts I've found and torn apart to use for my build.

Comment

So the compression ratio is slightly lower then a “stock” m62b44?

Are you using the m60 camshaft then too? I’ve read in several places they have a higher lift then the m62 did. I’m curious if it’s possible to put the m60 chain set up in an m62 just for the sake of having a more reliable set up. Also if it would be better to use the stock m62 block and heads but install the m60 camshafts.

Comment

B40 heads & cams on M62 with M60 double roller timing set up.

Comment

i may have missed it, but what will you be doing for the supercharger belt drive? crank pulley adapter of some sort id assume?
                        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

You flip the supercharger pulley around it lines up with the M60 crank pulley. So you use a longer 7 rib belt to get to s/c

Comment

M60B40 cylinder heads back from the machine shop. I've now got everything needed to assemble the engine. Super stoked.

Comment

(I know I need to clock those cam gears before assembly)

Comment

Locking in the cam phasing and cam gears, does this look correct to you guys:

With cyl #1 @ TDC, installed cams with lettering facing out and locked in place with cam blocks. I've set up the cam gears to be in the middle of adjustment slot, The main cam drive gear has the arrow pointing up following spark plug angle.

Cam lobes of cyl #1 TDC of compression stroke:

Cam lobes of cyl#6, TDC of exhaust stroke (cyl#1's paired cylinder)

The timing chain fits right set up like this and with timing blocks in place I've maintained the middle of the adjustment slot mounting for the gears.

Comment

Working...
                                X