Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M62B44,M60B40 heads & cams, Eaton M112 (now with NOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started pulling apart my HE53 to transfer over the Getrag 420g & parts. I intend to use as many parts as possible from the E34, part out what I can't use and recycle the shell.

The engine has formed a massive oil leak from a stripped out valve cover hold down stud in the cam cap, plus I already removed and sold the differential. So it needed a bit of a shove to get into the shop:

Is the E34 forward mount brake booster assembly used in the E30 v8 swaps? If so, does anyone need it?
    Last edited by Mykk540i/6; 07-12-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mykk540i/6 View Post
      started pulling apart my he53 to transfer over the getrag 420g & parts. I intend to use as many parts as possible from the e34, part out what i can't use and recycle the shell.

The engine has formed a massive oil leak from a stripped out valve cover hold down stud in the cam cap, plus i already removed and sold the differential. So it needed a bit of a shove to get into the shop:

is the e34 forward mount brake booster assembly used in the e30 v8 swaps? If so, does anyone need it?
      ygpm :)

Comment

Could you do me a favor while that car is in that state of disassembly, and measure from the widest point of the passenger side valve cover near the front, over to the inner lip of the fender? I want to know the difference in the available space in that area between a 540i and an m60 e30, to see if a typical 540i centrifugal supercharger kit would fit in an m60 e30 bay.
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          Could you do me a favor while that car is in that state of disassembly, and measure from the widest point of the passenger side valve cover near the front, over to the inner lip of the fender? I want to know the difference in the available space in that area between a 540i and an m60 e30, to see if a typical 540i centrifugal supercharger kit would fit in an m60 e30 bay.
          0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o this is the beginning of some fun thoughts.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
            0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o this is the beginning of some fun thoughts.

It's been done several times, just curious how much I have to hack up the fender well area.

Although after watching this thread and looking at the pics, that Eaton may fit under an e30 hood. What is the clearance like in the rear, does the S/C or intake parts stick out past the rear of the block? I'm not familiar with that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
              Could you do me a favor while that car is in that state of disassembly, and measure from the widest point of the passenger side valve cover near the front, over to the inner lip of the fender?
              You'll notice in the last pic the engine is out and separated from its trans. This weekend when I get back over to the shop I can set it back in the bay to get you your rough measurement

Comment

Doh. No worries. I'm sure I can find it elsewhere. You just get that built engine in something :)

Comment

soooooo hows it going?
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  My M60 V8 swap thread here
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                    soooooo hows it going?

It's going okay, a slow build. Acquiring parts as finances allow.

Comment

those are some big johnnies
                      We're in deep now boys
                      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                      1988 340iL - Track car
                      My M60 V8 swap thread here
                      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Replaced rear main & pilot bearing. Used wet TP to push out bearing. Installed clutch & trans. Just doing the minor stuff until I can get a frame.

Comment

Before you make an unpleasant discovery on your own... the Jaguar suspension will *NOT* EVER work without the trailing arms. Go ahead and get those in your build right now because you can't use that suspension without them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                            Before you make an unpleasant discovery on your own... the Jaguar suspension will *NOT* EVER work without the trailing arms. Go ahead and get those in your build right now because you can't use that suspension without them.

Fully agree, thank you. The frame is made and set up for trailing arms as well as the front diff mounts and not just the 4 bolts in top of the housing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk540i/6 View Post
                                Engine bay?

hahaha sorry didn't realize you where planning on putting the motor in a t bucket. carry on
                                M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Working...
                                X