Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M62B44,M60B40 heads & cams, Eaton M112 (now with NOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

i want whatever youre smoking
      We're in deep now boys
      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
      1988 340iL - Track car
      My M60 V8 swap thread here
      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

woah. what the heck happened here? I have not checked in with this thread in a while and I have to say it must have taken a turn? I was sure this engine was going into an e30. I feel like there was a bait and switch somewhere? cool project though....
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          woah. what the heck happened here?
          it was going in an e34 and then he mentioned t bucket and a few of us were like "yeah yep do that one" and then nothing happened and then a t bucket appeared.

Gotta say this thing is getting crazier by the day and I love it
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Yeah... it did take a turn for the nuts. But I'm building the car I wanted. Could the M62 with the Eaton M112 go in an E30, absolutely. I'm just doing things different, doing things my way.

Comment

Decided to get goofy with the headlight mounting:

Comment

Wow!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

You're not the only one planning some BMW Powered craziness....
                  I got a M70, that I'm planning on carborating, and building a Hotrod around a late 1936 Chevy dump truck.....
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                    You're not the only one planning some BMW Powered craziness....
                    I got a M70, that I'm planning on carborating, and building a Hotrod around a late 1936 Chevy dump truck.....
                    Awesome! looking forward to a build thread. I had a '36 Chevy low cab series II that I pulled out of a field and built into a rat rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk540i/6 View Post
                      Awesome! looking forward to a build thread. I had a '36 Chevy low cab series II that I pulled out of a field and built into a rat rod.
                      Mine is a late 36, I don't know a lot about chevys, so I'm learning as I go. It was my grandfathers. He parked it under a tree about 40 years ago, so it has some major rust issues in a few places. But the typical problem places are dry. The biggest issue I am having right now, is finding doors. Some time along the line, my grandpa decided to remove them, and no one has no idea where he put them. Here is a few pictures. I'm not reusing a lot, Mostly the cab, Parts of the frame, probably front axle, and I will probably repair and reuse the headache rack and part of the bed. Plans are very much up in the air. Everything hinges on finding a few parts, like the doors, and a new cowl.
                      Attached Files
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Comment

Dang, that's looking great already.

Comment

What type of spinon filter are you using? My M60 runs up to 80psi of pressure when cold, over 60psi on throttle. Might be too much for a spin on, which is why people have had problems with them exploding.

A few of us are watching your oil system progress :)
                            We're in deep now boys
                            1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                            1988 340iL - Track car
                            My M60 V8 swap thread here
                            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                              ...A few of us are watching your oil system progress :)
                              I know it, they are two K&N oil filters in parallel. I too am anxious to see what it does. In college I had a friend with a built big block chev that made 84psi of oil pressure. He said his engine shot off every spin on oil filter except for K&N's

We'll all just need to wait to see what happens.

Comment

Fuel tank arrived. I was going to do a 5gal moon tank in front of the grille. But 1) Moon tanks are way expensive, and 2) I didn't want to stop at a fuel pump every day. So the 16 gallon rear mount tank set up for an intank EFI pump will work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X