Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supadave
    replied
    I got tired of being on my back under the car and under the dash. So I decided to do something standing up. I worked on getting the nitrous spray bar and meth injection installed.

20190202_155839 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Pulled the blower lid off.
    20190202_155731 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Installing gaskets.
    20190202_165921 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Spacer and gasket
    20190202_165938 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Spray bars
    20190202_170005 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Drilling holes for the meth injection
    20190202_173502 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_173507 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_173523 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_174140 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_174427 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_180321 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_192420 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190202_195022 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190203_201917 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190203_201922 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by Supadave View Post
    The 5.3 (LC9) is the strongest aluminum block. It has the thickest sleeves. Great for BOOST

Price compared to aluminum 6.0/6.2
    Smaller bore means less total force trying to lift the head, too.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    aww ok, that makes sense. The redneck in me has always wanted to LS swap my e30 :D

#lsswaptheworld

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    hey another question, for ya.

Why the 5.3 and not the 6.2 or even the 6.0?

The 5.3 (LC9) is the strongest aluminum block. It has the thickest sleeves. Great for BOOST

Price compared to aluminum 6.0/6.2

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    hey another question, for ya.

Why the 5.3 and not the 6.2 or even the 6.0?

Leave a comment:

• masterofnone
    replied
    Ohh man, our cars are almost twinsies! Except you are probably going to have double the power aha

Bring on the smoking tires!

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    projects can do that lol
    TX2K would be pimp to see this run

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    I saw in another post here that you wanted to have this done by sept 2018, what's your new timeline for having this complete? Or is it you work on it when ya can kind of deal?
    Sep LOL. So I was waaaaay off on when I thought I would be done. Shooting for March. Hopefully I can make it to TX2K. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    I saw in another post here that you wanted to have this done by sept 2018, what's your new timeline for having this complete? Or is it you work on it when ya can kind of deal?

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Beast mode!!!

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    what an awesome build! This would be my dream build as well. Can't image the power with the blower haha

What are you HP goals for this build?
    With just the blower I'm hoping for 620+ WHP. With the spray around 800 WHP.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    what an awesome build! This would be my dream build as well. Can't image the power with the blower haha

What are you HP goals for this build?

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    Worked on installing the remote brake balancer knob and a couple of gauges this weekend.

20190126_134501 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    Looks an amazing build, the car will be an absolute weapon & looking at the engine bay shots, a pretty decent power bulge will be required!

With the black / green wire for the unloader relays, splice it into the black / yellow wire so that it is energised during start. If you just earth it, the accessories won't turn off during start.

With the LSA swap it might not be an issue if you just ground the wire - especially if it's only a weekender - but with my M30 swap, when this circuit wasn't working properly I had really frustrating hot start issues in hot weather (over around 90F) that seemed like a "heat soaked" starter. After shotgunning a bunch of parts at the problem and not solving the issue, I sorted the unloader circuit with a new Black / Yellow wire from the C200 in the steering column to remove a bunch of solder joints from my auto to manual swap + I re-soldered the joint with the black / green wire and have had no problems since - the accessories behave exactly as they should & no more hot start issue.

You see a lot of M50 etc. swaps that have "heat soaked starter issues", but I suspect it's just because they haven't set up the unloader relay circuit properly.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Looks an amazing build, the car will be an absolute weapon & looking at the engine bay shots, a pretty decent power bulge will be required!

With the black / green wire for the unloader relays, splice it into the black / yellow wire so that it is energised during start. If you just earth it, the accessories won't turn off during start.

With the LSA swap it might not be an issue if you just ground the wire - especially if it's only a weekender - but with my M30 swap, when this circuit wasn't working properly I had really frustrating hot start issues in hot weather (over around 90F) that seemed like a "heat soaked" starter. After shotgunning a bunch of parts at the problem and not solving the issue, I sorted the unloader circuit with a new Black / Yellow wire from the C200 in the steering column to remove a bunch of solder joints from my auto to manual swap + I re-soldered the joint with the black / green wire and have had no problems since - the accessories behave exactly as they should & no more hot start issue.

You see a lot of M50 etc. swaps that have "heat soaked starter issues", but I suspect it's just because they haven't set up the unloader relay circuit properly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X