X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick_08
    replied
    Originally posted by Tubesock View Post
    Anybody using this Chase Bays brake option?
    This is a Single Piston Brake Booster Delete, we also make an upgraded Dual Piston Brake Booster Delete with 6:1 Pedal Ratio...click here! Pedal Feel & Performance The best way to describe how your brakes will feel withour Brake Booster Eliminator (BBE) | Brake Booster Delete Kit is: 10-80% braking is about the sam

It looks nice, pricey but nice.

Still working on the dash, just got some SEM texture coating tonight and I’ll be applying it tomorrow. Also still waiting on the spacer kit to come in to install the Z3 steering rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’m running Chase Bays manual brakes. And yes you have to have a strong leg.

Leave a comment:

• Tubesock
    replied
    Anybody using this Chase Bays brake option?

It looks nice, pricey but nice.

Still working on the dash, just got some SEM texture coating tonight and I’ll be applying it tomorrow. Also still waiting on the spacer kit to come in to install the Z3 steering rack.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Got to working on the dash. I didn’t want to flock it so I bought some Colorbond LVP refinisher, didn’t put any texture down so you can see where all the body filler went. I’ll use it as a base layer now and apply SEM texture coating then finish off with Dupli-color flat black vinyl paint. Hopefully that will bring back the OEM look.

Anyone in this thread ever tried white gorilla glue as a filler for this kind of split on the dash?

It comes out of the tube as a liquid, but foams and expands significantly as it cures. I've done non-cosmetic repairs to the forward center console foam with it.

Leave a comment:

• sgtskid
    replied
    Doing the wiring yourself isn't bad. Lots of patience. I hate wiring and had more time in my harness then I did in the rest of the car but, at the end of it I was very proficient at reading diagrams and i
    I had saved $800.

I used a Mishimoto R32 radiator. No issues from me and I got it as a "returned" item off Amazon for 1/4 the price of a new one. It was brand new, unopened. Paired it with a Spal pusher fan and even on 100 degree days during in traffic, water temp never crossed 210.

Leave a comment:

• Tubesock
    replied
    Got to working on the dash. I didn’t want to flock it so I bought some Colorbond LVP refinisher, didn’t put any texture down so you can see where all the body filler went. I’ll use it as a base layer now and apply SEM texture coating then finish off with Dupli-color flat black vinyl paint. Hopefully that will bring back the OEM look.

Leave a comment:

• Elysian
    replied
    That's a really clean looking car, should be a fun build.

Leave a comment:

• Tubesock
    replied
    Never did post pictures of the car. Black right now but after the swap is done I’ll paint and make it look good. Working on the dash right now while my secret parts account builds away from the prying eyes of the wife.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Just get the camaro accessories and run the pump and reservoir on that

Leave a comment:

• Tubesock
    replied
    Did y’all use the factory PS reservoir or something aftermarket? Will it work with the GM PS pump?

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by Supadave View Post
    Yes, it looks to be smaller, here is a link that compares the two https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/121...gine-in-a-s30/
    That adapter is pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

E46 running a CD009 with an LS

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    Does the CD009 fit in the transmission tunnel without hammering?

Yes, it looks to be smaller, here is a link that compares the two https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/121...gine-in-a-s30/
    Last edited by Supadave; 01-15-2019, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tubesock
    replied
    Does the CD009 fit in the transmission tunnel without hammering?

Leave a comment:

• Supadave
    replied
    Originally posted by acefreely02 View Post
    Hey tubesock. I'm right here with you on the swap. I'm rocking a 91' 318is and just picked up and L76 6.0 out of my cousin's vortex max. The L76 is basically an Ls2 but with dod (v4 mode). What are you planning on running for a transmission? I want a t65 or tr6060. But the price and availability sucks. And sadly 5 speeds are plenty in my area. The pin out on GM's isn't that bad. As buddy said above, you will get sick of starting at wiring diagrams. But follow it. And shouldnt be to bad
    Guys are using the CD009 (Nissan 350 transmission). You can find them for around $800 bucks used. Here is the adapter plate needed http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...ter-plate.html

CD009 Gear Ratios

T56 Gear Ratios 1996–1998 Camaro/Firebird (Ratios can be slightly different depending on donor)

Leave a comment:

• Elysian
    replied
    I took a different route, since I was already planning on using Aerocatch hood latches, I got rid of the hinge, the hood popper, and put my radiator in the core support, using a Summit 381324 radiator. Took some modification at the bottom of the core, but allows me room to run a massive Ford Fusion puller fan setup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X