Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian D
    replied
    He hasn't been here since January. Don't hold your breath.

I don't care enough to check, but I think he flaked out a bit, got R3V'd, and left.

Leave a comment:

• KennyT
    replied
    Interesting..Subbed.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    WOW! Subed!

Leave a comment:

• Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Bump?

Leave a comment:

• nickpdx
    replied
    I'm not usually a big fan of big V8 e30 engine swaps, but this looks like a cool project. My dad has owned two Ford Explorers with the 4.6 modular, including the 3 valve one you're using...it's a good engine and even in an SUV like that is pretty quick. I think the Explorer can beat my e30 to 60. :(

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Jet
    replied
    any updates?

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    Look good so far (i didnt get past the first page), great to see another enthusiast taking it a step further :)
    Are block hugger headers available to clear the steering rack?

Leave a comment:

• bimmer630
    replied
    Wow..lotsa work.. why not just put that engine in a, um... Mustang?

Leave a comment:

• alpinaclone
    replied
    subscribed

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Jet
    replied
    schweeeet.... gonna watch this thread for sure...

Just one small suggestion - pull that little 4.6 out and go for a 2003/04 Cobra Terminator engine setup... :nice:

What are you using up front for the motor mounts and steering/suspension assembly - are you also using a Mustang K-member and associated A-arms, springs, etc?
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 05-13-2009, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• christoble
    replied

Leave a comment:

• christoble
    replied
    I got most of the cage done and I started on the sheet metal. I took a few pics with my phone. I will take more later

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    wow

Leave a comment:

• Spinning Tires
    replied
    Originally posted by peerless View Post
    Damn, this is a great project. I am planning a 5.0 swap and am on the hunt for parts.

I am very interested in how you mounted the engine. Also whats your oil pan solution?

One guy did a 5.0 swap on bfc a couple years back but provided zero documentation, no videos, nothing.

My 5.0 swap is more as a tool to create a conversion kit for the masses so it will retain the stock E30 suspension. Only needs a custom driveshaft.

Your obviously going for a full drag race setup. Very impressed with your work and engine choice.

I will keep an eye on this thread.

I was putting a chevy 350 in an e30 i had. the t-5 shifter lined up with the shifter hole perfectly. I had to hammer the shit out of the firewall. Your gonna need a hydrolic throwout bearing because the clutch fork where the cable hooks up will end up being where the gas pedal is in the car. Also I used a universal crossmember from summit for the motor and i made my own trans crossmember which i'll sell if you want it. heres the link to the crossmember from summit i dunno if they make one for a 302.
    http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=TRD-4840&N=700+115&autoview=sku
    also i was going to use the hydrobooste from a 5 series to clear the valve cover. I can keep going. PM if you want more info i found out

Leave a comment:

• Mako18
    replied
    Originally posted by peerless View Post
    damn, this is a great project. I am planning a 5.0 swap and am on the hunt for parts.

I am very interested in how you mounted the engine. Also whats your oil pan solution?
    Nothing.
    +1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X