e30 M50 code 1264 after fixing no start issue. May have cut a wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 M50 code 1264 after fixing no start issue. May have cut a wire

this thread was originally diagnosing the star issue from when I changed the wiring harness cover 2E 30 and three wiring harness cover I ended up accidentally sniffing a wire that went to pin number seven or I’m not exactly sure which pin but it was it to the ignition switch so we figure that all out but I now have a new issue code 1264 ego heater circuit
    not sure if I have to trace wires back in case I accidentally cut something not sure if it’s because I switched DM‘s because I had three different DME‘s that I was using to diagnose the original problem I went ahead and bought a cheap O2 sensor and replaced it but still no change. No idea where to start if anybody has any advice or has ran into this code before what helped you please help me

Need some help can’t remember everything I did
    I noticed some wires got pulled out I think for the c101
    And I’m not sure where these grounds go, or if they’re power wires
    Please assist need help
    No fuel or spark
    No CEL light
    88 chassis
    95 e34 harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by e30m20TurbO7; 08-12-2022, 05:02 AM.

Need a picture of someone’s distribution block. Please help

Comment

Brown wires are generally ground so it seems that disconnected ring terminal on the right side of your picture could be a ground cable. The other wire on the left looks like it could be either one of the fuse box +12V wires....hard to tell from the pictures.

Every swap harness is a bit different so it might be best to find the component where the wire terminates and then trace it back to the proper +12V or ground location.

Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals are available here:

Comment

Looks like the Data Link connector. This image from a '95 E34 ETM and German to English color translation may help you.Click image for larger version  Name:	M50 Datalink.png Views:	0 Size:	255.5 KB ID:	10051040
        • rot RT = red
        • gelb GE = yellow
        • grau GR = gray
        • schwarz SW = black
        • weiss (weiß ) WS = white
        • grun GN = green
        • orange OR = orange
        • rosa RS = pink
        • violett VI = violet
        As for the grounding wire, the closest would probably be G103 located just behind the RH shock tower on that plate behind your hand in your pic. No clue on what the other wire could be since the color isn't really clear, but if it is a grounding wire then it can also be placed in that same spot. Ultimately as long as they are connected to the big metal bit of the car they should be fine. Just make sure they have good contact with actual metal.​

Cheers
        just a dude doing BMW things sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by erasui View Post
          Looks like the Data Link connector. This image from a '95 E34 ETM and German to English color translation may help you.Click image for larger version  Name:	M50 Datalink.png Views:	0 Size:	255.5 KB ID:	10051040
          • rot RT = red
          • gelb GE = yellow
          • grau GR = gray
          • schwarz SW = black
          • grun GN = green
          • orange OR = orange
          • rosa RS = pink
          • violett VI = violet
          As for the grounding wire, the closest would probably be G103 located just behind the RH shock tower on that plate behind your hand in your pic. No clue on what the other wire could be since the color isn't really clear, but if it is a grounding wire then it can also be placed in that same spot. Ultimately as long as they are connected to the big metal bit of the car they should be fine. Just make sure they have good contact with actual metal.​

Cheers

One wire I believe the small one is brown and orange. When I tap the large wire to battery terminal in junction box ditch key off I hear a relay turn on.
          I’ve got no CEL NO FUEL AT THIS POINT need help bad I’ve just never been so stuck usually got things figured out but my memory hasn’t been good since a recent seizure and I can’t remember what I did when undoing them and I can’t find any e34 harness properly hooked up I have. A spare ecu to see if I burned it up somehow I’ve never grounded out any cables that aren’t attached because I don’t remember undoing them. Please help will take more pics
          3102996407 will pay whom ever helps me get it going 100$

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by erasui View Post
            • rot RT = red
            • gelb GE = yellow
            • grau GR = gray
            • schwarz SW = black
            • grun GN = green
            • orange OR = orange
            • rosa RS = pink
            • violett VI = violet

Cheers
            Grounding post that’s on junction box that’s the two post with 10mm nuts
            The series g ground ??

Comment

Does si reset have to be hooked up to run

Comment

Originally posted by e30m20TurbO7 View Post

Grounding post that’s on junction box that’s the two post with 10mm nuts
                The series g ground ??

There should be a ground point on the right side strut tower - towards the firewall battery tray. 13mm nut I believe with an 8mm threaded post. Might need to extend the wire to get there or find another suitable ground as erasui mentioned.

The wire in your hand on the right sure looks like a ground (brown wires), what are the colors of the wire(s) in the cable on the left side of the picture?

Comment

Looking further in the ETM, brown and orange wires should be grounded. The grounding terminal we are talking about is pictured below. It is on the upper right side of the strut tower in the image below and can be the point of grounding the wires.

The data link wire situation is most likely what is causing much of the problem.If you can provide a clearer picture of your current wires in the data link connector I may be able to help a tad bit more. From what I can tell, the brown and orange wire should be connected to pin 19, White and Green to Pin 7, and the other pin wire isn't too clear on what color it is completely.

Cheers

Click image for larger version  Name:	BatteryinBoot2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	10051494
                  Last edited by erasui; 03-31-2022, 09:08 PM.
                  just a dude doing BMW things sometimes

Comment

Here’s some different ones I didn’t see any change with ecu change.
                    I checked fusible link
                    I managed grounding eyelets
                    Still no change I didn’t hear ICV hum NO CEL
                    No fuel
                    No spark
                    I didn’t put the missing wires back in yet DONT know if that makes a difference

Comment

if the tach signal wire (schwarz) isn't connected at the C101, the DME will not turn on fuel or spark.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

still having issues not sure where to start with diagnostic
                        power to ECU?
                        Power to fuel relays
                        CPS power ?
                        this was working before I installed the harness cover
                        I have a spare ecu I believe is good, any advice where I should start??

Comment

Please help
                          me willing to pay someone 100$ for there Time to help me diagnose

Comment

Does the fuel pump relay always have constant power with key off? I

Comment

What’s up with this
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X