325e Weird Misfire NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e Weird Misfire NEED HELP

Hey guys, when I cold start my car it runs fine while idling until I give it gas then it will misfire like hell. If I hold the revs up for about 3 minutes and let it warm up a little it will start to steady out and not miss. It's almost as if something is sealing up as it warms up.. drives really great when warm. It also seems like temperature effects this issue. On an 80 degree day in the summer I can just hop in start it up and go. But in the winter I have to wait and let it warm up until it stops missing. I'll start the car, idle will start around 1500 then drop down to steady at 750 as it should.. so it isn't misfiring when in idle but misfiring when taken out of idle when engine is cold. Any ideas? Thanks

I would check the coolant temp sensor resistance when cold and see if it's within spec. And do the same with both crank sensors, they should be with in spec when hot or cold.

Comment

Okay, I can check the coolant temp sensor resistance. As for both of the crank sensors, I have recently replaced the pair of them with new ones.

Comment

New sensors need to be checked as well. "Quality Assurance" is not assured these days to say the least. Keep in mind that your car has a somewhat primitive 1.1 Motronic system on it. Anything non-stock can greatly change warm-up performance as the system is not nearly as adaptive as later cars including the next generation 1.3 Motronic. Also, be aware that many sensors are of metalic construction and can do wonky things when they are cold. Have you thought about a 1.3 upgrade? It is easy compared to many upgrades and fairly inexpensive if you can source 325i/1.3 Mortonic parts.

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
          New sensors need to be checked as well. "Quality Assurance" is not assured these days to say the least. Keep in mind that your car has a somewhat primitive 1.1 Motronic system on it. Anything non-stock can greatly change warm-up performance as the system is not nearly as adaptive as later cars including the next generation 1.3 Motronic. Also, be aware that many sensors are of metalic construction and can do wonky things when they are cold. Have you thought about a 1.3 upgrade? It is easy compared to many upgrades and fairly inexpensive if you can source 325i/1.3 Mortonic parts.
          I have thought about it yes, and while it would make a load of difference and make my life easier, I prefer to keep it the way it was when it left the factory

Comment

Working...
          X