Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phreshkid
    replied
    It could also be a grounding issue within the speaker hole or possibly some corrosion between the male and female pins that connect between the door and rest of the body? Damn it I'm ready to burn this car. I don't even drive it because I can't lock it.

Leave a comment:

• BrooklynMW
    replied
    Checked and replaced all possibly related fuses in fuse box, also replaced relay next to CL box. Trying to figure out if there a problem somewhere along the wiring path but I'm not really sure which route it follows and I can't exactly tear the car apart.

Where and how can I use a test light?

Leave a comment:

• RobertK
    replied
    Sounds like a power issue. I would start in the fuse box and check for power at the CL box.

Leave a comment:

• phreshkid
    replied
    Are you sure you're getting power to your Central locking computer or to your actuators? I think that is my problem as well. Unless there is a relay or a fuse somewhere within the car's body that I can't see and might be blown. Have you tried using a test light? I am hoping to get this figured out this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• BrooklynMW
    replied
    Seriously, need help bump

Leave a comment:

• BrooklynMW
    replied
    I need to revive this thread.

Today I replaced the CL module, along with the relay that sits next to it as well as my driver door actuator. Still, I have no results. Nothing is working still. I can't lock my driver door from the outside, and the Central Locking is still not working.

Once I replaced all the parts, I also tried to re-install the Omega REC Keyless Unit and that didn't work either.

I'm pissed, flabbergasted, hoodwinked and bamboozled. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might be missing, or anybody in my area want to come take a look? I'll buy you a beer.

Leave a comment:

• phreshkid
    replied
    ok that actually makes good sense. I was wondering why my car was always unlocking everytime I locked it when I first installed the cheap keyless entry system. Everything wasn't tucked away back in its original place so it could have been upside down. but not its all tucked back in and nothing works anymore. I've replaced the cl computer with no success. I'll be trying to change actuators, another central locking computer, and even another lock if I have to. I want this thing to lock.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Nope, they added that feature sometime in '86 IIRC

Leave a comment:

• DaveSmed
    replied
    Since the topic has been brought up, is it true that feature led to a theft problem in the early cars (wired to constant 12v) so they made it a switched 12v?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    No, it unlocks the door if you try to lock them

Leave a comment:

• phreshkid
    replied
    So if the module is upside down, it can stop working all together?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Just beneath the left front speaker, under a splash guard, screwed to the wall inside the well. Look for 2 little screws just beneath the speaker, they hold the bracket in.

Leave a comment:

• BrooklynMW
    replied
    Where is the CL module? I need to investigate mine as well.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Back when these cars were new, I broke one when I dropped it. The doors unlocked and would just pop up when locked. I had to buy a new Cl module, was a buttload of dough!

All I did was drop the thing about a foot, onto the floor of the car, with the key on.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Sounds like that CL module was stuck in "wreck mode" in which a vehicle that was rolled over in an impact will unlock the doors and stay that way...which is why you must be careful when handling that module.

There is a fix, but I don't know it.
    If you pry the cover off of the central locking module there is some sort of mercury switch I think (it is the biggest component on the PCB not hard to spot) that causes the locks to release when the module is inverted. I desoldered it from the board and swapped it trying to get a module working once to no avail (turned out to be a simple broken solder).

I have heard from others that once the lock module has been inverted the switch closes permanently, but in my testing this didn't happen.

When I checked it with a meter it would make and break when you turn it upside down and back again so I'm not sure if maybe the module has an op. amp in line with that switch to hold the windows open or what.

Usually when a locking module stops working it's just a burnt out solder joint in it that causes it not to work, I have fixed two by just sliding the cover off and resoldering the broken solder joint.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X