X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalled and no start.. Rain caused?

86 325es
    Here is what happened.
    It was raining pretty hard yesterday and I drove 15 miles to have dinner. Along the way, I had hit couple puddles without problems and made it to designation.
    On the way back after dinner, i turned on the AC the car stalled at the next light. it fired back up after couple cranks, but the crank seem different from normal.
    It stalled again on the next light and won't fire up. It seems like no fuel or no sparks when cranked.
    This has happened before when I turn on the AC when the engine is not warm enough, but it starts up each time. Actually it stalls when I put in neutral gear and The idle just dropped to stall. This happened 3 times, and I make sure I turn the AC on when I know the engine is ready for it.
    This time is under the rain. I wonder if the rain may have something to do with it.
    The end part of the story is that when it was towed to the shop a mile away half hour later, it fire up normal. I wait 5 min and drove home with AC off.
    Today is nice and dry with no problem all day.
    Water got into intake? Water shorted something? Anyone had this problem before? I am still tackling with the ICV to compensate the AC.
    I may have to wait for the next storm to try to replicate if it will happen again.
    Last edited by dsphil; 06-23-2012, 05:56 PM.
    sigpic
    327is
    325es
    325es
    318is
    Fiesta ST
    E46 M3
Working...
X