Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnyledge
    replied
    Ok. I’m convinced. Ordered a Spectra replacement tank. I was surprised to see they are made in Canada, not China.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunnyledge View Post
    One of the reviews on the Spectra tank said the OEM in tank fuel pump/sender wouldn’t fit as the tank was too shallow.
    Someone probably was installing the wrong tank.

Leave a comment:

• Poorhouse
    replied
    I put in a Spectra, everything fit fine.

Leave a comment:

• Sunnyledge
    replied
    One of the reviews on the Spectra tank said the OEM in tank fuel pump/sender wouldn’t fit as the tank was too shallow.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    I've been happy with the Dorman tank that I put in my M3.

I painted the bottom black with Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black so that it wouldn't be weirdly silver, but other than that, it went in easily. No issues with fuel pump fitment, either.

Leave a comment:

• doctorx
    replied
    I just replaced mine with new pumps a couple of weeks ago. (87 325i covertible) I got the Spectrum Premium off of Amazon for about 180. Fit perfectly except i had to redrill one screw hole. Not a big deal at all. Been happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalSterm
    replied
    I bought a tank on eBaY years ago and it was great. I'm not far off from doing it again with my new (to me) 318is.

Leave a comment:

• Sunnyledge
    started a topic Replacement fuel tank.

Replacement fuel tank.

I’m reassembling my 84 318i. Before putting the fuel tank back I abrasive blasted some rust areas, revealing some rust perforations around the hard lines on the top of the tank. I thought I might be able to braze them, but as I further clean up the tank, more pin holes appear, and they are getting larger. Does anyone have experience with after market tanks? Quality, fit, etc. I read some after market tanks won’t accept an OEM fuel pump.
Working...
X