Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30Bastard
    replied
    I did test the whole circuit and the sensors were replaced after axle swap. Please see previous test for circuit test results! I will check out that tool but the abs on e30 is standalone so obd scan wont see it?? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    If you put the axles in after you put new sensors in I would consider looking at the sensors and or replace them, Especially if you had fitment issues. Or testing the old axles.

Start from the begin.

I think some of those pins at the ABS sensor can get glitchy, I was trying to explain to OHM the sensors out connected, Check resistance at computer so you get the whole wheel speed sensor circuit. .

To take some guess work out, I do think the ABS system can be read by this tool. I've used this scan tool at the shop and its blown my mind how well its worked on older cars. You'll need to source the obd 16 pin for the 20 pin round adapter.

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    I bought two new axles, one started spewing grease of the pressed endcap of the axle rather than the cv boot. The pic I sent was just to show the reluctor ring on the bad axle which is out of the car. I bought a third axle and replaced it along with the wheel bearing for good measure so right now there are two brand new, good GKN axles in there. Here's a link to that thread: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post
    I have one faulty gkn axle out of the car.

What this mean? 1 of 2 of the new GKN axles you bought were faulty?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    BUMP

this man is about to test his ABS as he approaches a cliff at full speed.... ABS NEEDS TO GET FIXED

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Sorry for the lag! I had my sister's Mazda in the garage for a few days for repairs. Now that the E30 is back in its rightful place I can continue with fixing this ABS so I can order me a turbo.

Thanks for your response, here are the answers to your questions:

All 4 tires are new Maxxis 202 195/65/14.
    Verified to all be same size.
    Air is verified at 32psi all around.
    Rear wheel bearings are new and good. Rear sensors are new.
    Front wheel bearings are old but good and the front abs sensors are old but good as they trigger the abs light upon motion.

Here are the resistance results:

Passenger side connector pin 1 to abs module - 0 resistance
    Passenger side connector pin 2 to abs module pin - 0 resistance

Driver side connector pin 1 to abs module - 0 resistance
    Driver side connector pin 2 to abs module - 0 resistance

Driver side sensor resistance - 1.04k
    Passenger side sensor resistance - 1.023k

Rear driver circuit resistance tested from abs module connector: 1.04k
    Rear passenger circuit resistance tested from abs module connector: 1.023k

The wires, connectors, and sensors appear to be definitively good. Ebay another ABS module?
    Last edited by E30Bastard; 09-16-2019, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Try ohm the sensors circuit from the ABS computer.

All your tires the same size? Air’d up also.

All sensors new?

Wheel bearing play front or rear?

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    This is what they look like out of the car (pic 1 from fcp euro, pic 2 shows how it works for idiots like me). The pulse/reluctor ring looks to come pre-installed...I have one faulty gkn axle out of the car. Here's a pic of that too: Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Andrew, Thanks for the response. Front sensors look to be as old as the car but spin test works on them. Anti lock kicks on immediately when moving forward if I have either of the front sensors plugged in solo. As for pulse rings - they are gkn oem rear axles matching the manufacturer model number on realoem- GKNLoebro BMW 33211226901 or GKN-300693. All 4 new rear sensors are bosch oem as well. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Are the front sensors new as well? Maybe one of the pulse rings is different on one of the axles?

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    All right...bought the two relays on the ABS Pump itself. Now all three relays of the ABS system have been replaced with OEM new relays. Problem still exists.

All the parts are new or replaced except the pump itself. The wires have been tested. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    kill it with fire

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Hail Mary ABS Module #3 arrived last night. Same behavior. Anti-Lock turns on when you turn the key, turns off when you start the car, and does not kick back on when either of the rear sensors are plugged in.

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Is there another component or signal to the abs system that would block it from getting signal from the rear? Thinking back after some good sleep I do remember for some odd reason the diff guy mentioned it might throw an abs light when i had it rebuilt a few months back (im guessing because of the speed rings and the speed sensor, somehow, idk tbh) but that never happened and my speedo is very functional and very accurate (plus i just replaced the speed sensor, which is obviously working, chasing down this abs light). Would/could the diff be the culprit? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Thanks for that idea, but it is already done. Bought a new relay before I bought the second set of new rear sensors, which I bought because previous r3v threads said not to trust resistance test on abs sensors and still same behavior. There are two relays on the pump itself that have not been changed but, again, according to jlevie this issue is bad sensors, bad wiring, or bad rear channel of abs module...all of which have been replaced or tested multiple times. Unless I am somehow missing an important detail when i installed the new pre-assembled axles with pre-assembled abs rings I am at a complete loss. About to buy another ebay abs module for 15 bucks as a hail mary... Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X