Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Update- couldn't find a clean way to mount the 16" spal pusher with the A/C condenser in place, so I tried to reverse the fan to run as a puller.

The Spal motor does not have an internal diode so the wiring can be reversed to change fan direction which I verified, but sadly the fan blade cannot be flipped. Thus, a puller fan is required, which is one p/n away from the pusher.

Medium Profile Spal Pusher Straight blade is 30101517, and the same fan in puller configuration is 30101516, running Condor fan brackets.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    Ah, I understand now. Then I am of no help. To me that would mean I'd need both if I didn't want to just use a puller fan for both the temp switch and the ac.

Does your a/c work well with just using the puller for both?

If that will suffice, and I can still use my current wiring setup, then I suppose I could be convinced into just buying a puller.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Ah, I understand now. Then I am of no help. To me that would mean I'd need both if I didn't want to just use a puller fan for both the temp switch and the ac.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Can you just flip the fan blades and reorient it as a puller fan?
    I am using the factory aux fan wiring, so if I used the fan as a puller I’d have to wire in another aux fan, which I don’t really want to do if I’m able to get away with just running this fan as a pusher, just on the condenser.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Oh I know, I just have a perfectly functional, cleanly wired and mounted pusher fan setup, so I would highly prefer to use what I have, if possible, instead of redoing the entire setup,
    Can you just flip the fan blades and reorient it as a puller fan?

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    I feel like a puller would accomplish what you're trying to do. If it's set up correctly, it's pretty darn efficient.
    Oh I know, I just have a perfectly functional, cleanly wired and mounted pusher fan setup, so I would highly prefer to use what I have, if possible, instead of redoing the entire setup,

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I feel like a puller would accomplish what you're trying to do. If it's set up correctly, it's pretty darn efficient.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    started a topic Pusher Fan Conversion with A/C - Fan Mounting

Pusher Fan Conversion with A/C - Fan Mounting

Hey R3V-

I converted my car to a SPAL 16" pusher fan set up a while back when I didn't run A/C via the 'official fan wiring thread' method. In reassembly, I noticed there isn't a great way to physically mount the pusher fan to the condenser. What have you done to mount your electric fan to your condenser?

Are two fans required when running A/C, or will the one pusher fan suffice? I'd just like to keep it the way it is wired, if possible, and not run the mechanical fan. I have space to convert the fan to a puller, but figured a pusher aux fan would still be required up front for A/C, and I used the aux fan wiring to run my pusher fan.

If you have any info regarding running an electric fan conversion and A/C, I'm just essentially trying to gauge what is "normal".
Working...
X