Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powersteering rack question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Powersteering rack question

    I just ordered a 95 m3 steering rack from rack doctors. Do I order 88 m3 outer tie rod ends or will the 95 m3 outer tie rod ends work?. Thanks
    88 e30/s50 gt35r turbo m3



    96 gt4094r turbo m3
    452 rwhp, 455 rwtq at 14 psi 91 octane
    681 rwhp, 684 rwtq at 25 psi E65

    #2
    Originally posted by m3boost View Post
    I just ordered a 95 m3 steering rack from rack doctors. Do I order 88 m3 outer tie rod ends or will the 95 m3 outer tie rod ends work?. Thanks
    e46 rack would've been a better option imo. Either outer rods should work, just make sure they thread into/onto the inners.
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
      e46 rack would've been a better option imo. Either outer rods should work, just make sure they thread into/onto the inners.

      The rack i ordered comes with the inner rods.. since its a 95 m3 rack, i guess I'll just order the 95 m3 outer tie rod ends. Thanks
      88 e30/s50 gt35r turbo m3



      96 gt4094r turbo m3
      452 rwhp, 455 rwtq at 14 psi 91 octane
      681 rwhp, 684 rwtq at 25 psi E65

      Comment


        #4
        Iím doing the z3 rack mod to my 89 M3 too

        So Iím doing the same mod too. What all did you need to get? I just got the rack and inner rods along with some modified bolts/spacers from garagistic.

        Do you need different hoses for the set up? What about those outer rods? Did the 95 work fine?

        Iíd love to hear what you learned with the mod.
        Thanks
        JP

        Comment


          #5
          I’m selling an e46 rack from rack doctor if anyone is interested

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jokester View Post
            Iím selling an e46 rack from rack doctor if anyone is interested
            how much? reason?

            Comment


              #7
              350 Shipped.

              Never got around to installing it and I sold my car.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                350 Shipped.

                Never got around to installing it and I sold my car.
                purple tag? new inner rods? e36 outer rods?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by eLKuRLy View Post
                  purple tag? new inner rods? e36 outer rods?
                  Yes, yes, yes. Pm me so we don’t clutter this thread lol

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I have a ZHP 2006 E46 steering rack on mine with a solid steering shaft and a 350mm steering wheel lets just say it feels like a damn go-kart
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X