No announcement yet.

5x120 E30 Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id just sell it at a price that covers materials, cnc time, setting up and some money for yourself.
    RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
    89' 318i

Comment

How about machining a ring that fits on the e30 spindles and can have a 5 lug hub bolted to it? Make it press fit (freeze spindle heat ring).

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

problem with that is the hub sits way too close to the strut so you need a spacer behind the brake disc
        89' 318i

Comment

Originally posted by Gruelius View Post
          id just sell it at a price that covers materials, cnc time, setting up and some money for yourself.
          Thats basically what happens.

Comment

if you did it, please keep the offsets at e30 type levels. you can always add spacers to run e36 wheels, but you cant take away material to run the low offset e30 m3, 5 series, and 7 series wheels. gives better options.
            Last edited by straight6pwr; 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

wait are you doing front + rear? or just front?
              89' 318i

Comment

i am very interested in this, please make something up
                '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
                '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
                '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
                '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

I'd be interested as well depending on price. Preferably e36 m3 brakes...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Same here, although some people won't because it requires 17s, there are only a handful of 16s that cover E36 M brakes.

If possible, keep the mounting surface of the hubs in the place they are now (for wheel mounting) that way you can use low offset classic stuff and just run spacers to run newer high ET wheels.

I agree, keep the offset low and fun spacers if you need. This way, you can run e30 m3 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruelius View Post
                      problem with that is the hub sits way too close to the strut so you need a spacer behind the brake disc
                      In my opinion, that isn't such a huge deal as it keeps the cost of the bearing/hub assembly cheap. You can get standard 5-lug front bearings for a very low cost. The last motorsport shop I worked for designed and had a run of those spacers made (10 or 20 sets, I cannot recall for sure). It seems like a nice solution to me, although I believe our spacers were designed for the E36 M3 discs...

Comment

I'd pay 200-250 for spacers for e36m3 rear brakes and carrier brackets...

Comment

K.I.S.S. Keep it simple sucka.

There seem to be 2 reasons people do not do the swap.

Cost and Difficulty.

If the cost is below the current swap methods and ALOT easier than adding a e36 suspension I'd probably do it right away.
                          sigpic

Comment

Keep them exactly the same as e30 hubs, just slightly larger diameter to accomodate the larger PCD. Redrill stock e30 rotors, there are already plenty of e30 BBK's out there. This way all you would need is the hubs and the rotors, you could use stock e30 everything else.

I would buy this 100% if you could do this. I'd spend probably $1200 on it too.
                            Byron
                            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                              if you did it, please keep the offsets at e30 type levels. you can always add spacers to run e36 wheels, but you can take away material to run the low offset e30 m3, 5 series, and 7 series wheels. gives better options.
                              x2

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
                                x2
                                x3

I am trying to make use of some e39 style 5's, and retaining stock et is a must for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X