No announcement yet.

The 5 lug swap truth thread!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been reading up on it and there seems to be alot of talk on how the front set up will have problems and the car will handle funny, whats your input.
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I have been running
      -E36 M3 96-up arms
      -E30 offset m3 bushings
      -E36 M3 knuckles and brakes
      -Ground control adjustable camber/caster plates mounted to non-M front struts with GC coil over conversion
      -Z3 6cyl rear hubs, brakes
      -E36 steering rack

16x8 BBS wheels with 225/45r16 tires

...And my car feels stable and safe at ALL SPEEDS.
      I tracked it (before my S50 swap) and it did GREAT, (it had better lap times than $100,000 pro touring camaros..hehe)

My front wheels are centered

It seems like the guys that say this swap is wrong, are the guys who forget to use M3 knuckles, etc.....
      YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL M3 E36 stuff (96-up) or it will be wrong

Are guys who have all of these parts still unhappy with their swaps?
      Last edited by bimmer630; 10-09-2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
        I have been running
        -E36 M3 96-up arms
        -E30 offset m3 bushings
        -E36 M3 knuckles and brakes
        -Ground control adjustable camber/caster plates mounted to non-M front struts with GC coil over conversion
        -Z3 6cyl rear hubs, brakes
        -E36 steering rack

16x8 BBS wheels with 225/45r16 tires

...And my car feels stable and safe at ALL SPEEDS.
        I tracked it (before my S50 swap) and it did GREAT, (it had better lap times than 100,000 pro touring camaros..hehe)

My front wheels are centered

It seems like the guys that say this swap is wrong, are the guys who forget to use M3 knuckles, etc.....
        YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL M3 E36 stuff (96-up) or it will be wrong

Are guys who have all of these parts still unhappy with their swaps?
        Similare experience here as well.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Clavin, I actually copied your setup in a way... I definitely read your threads a lot before doing my 5 lug

Comment

So I know this is a really really old thread, but I have a question. I have a 1984 318i with the M10B18 and G240. I have put money into the M10 and will eventually need to 5 lug swap it for bigger brakes from a E36(going to boost it, expecting 300+ hp and 200+ Tq). I have already changed the suspension and brakes front and rear, taken from a 1991 318is. So rear subframe, trailing arms, brakes, ect. Front struts and brakes ect. are all from a 1991 318is, then I bought brand new 84' 318i lower control arms. So now that most of the background information is out there, here is my question. To do a 5 lug conversion, could I use 96'+ non-M Z3 front struts and knuckles, brakes , ect. then a adjustable top plate for e30, with stock e30 non-M lower control arms with a offset solid control arm bushing for the front? Then the rear could I use again 96'+ non M Z3 rear hubs n bearings an brakes? (I Don't know if they use the same size bearings as the 91' iS.) Then get a bracket made for the brake calipers on the 91 rear subframe trailing arms. Or should I just take both trailing arms with brakes and stuff still attached and install them on the 91' Is rear subframe? Could this work as a 5 lug conversion???? Please help!! Or tell me what I'm missing from the setup??

Comment

Working...
            X