too much toe out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much toe out

Hey, i finished installing my 5-lug but i have too much toe out. i have the outer tie rods tightened as much as possible and the inner tie rods are in all the way too. what can be done to fix this? i need a new steering rack and inner tie rods right now and all that I can think of is to use one that is shorter from end to end.

any other solutions out there?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

just for clarification, this is what i am running:

-e36m3 front struts
    -e30 front shock mount
    -e30 H&R Race springs
    -97+ e36m3 control arms
    -97+e36m3 spindles
    -e30 lollipop
    -offset e30m3 CAB

since I have alot of caster (wheel is too far back), wouldn't that point the front of my wheel out resulting in too much toe?

If my thinking is correct, to fix the caster (and as a result my toe out), I can either slot my lilipops or buy THR eyeball lollipops right?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

I trimmed some of the outer tire rod threads off to allow them to come further in. There was way more threaded rod then needed in my case.

I did it at the time with a 97m3 rack though. So your situation might be different.

Comment

well i plan to switch to a 2.7 lock to lock rack when blunt gets them in. it looks like it isnt bottoming out in the inner tie rod though. it looks like i ran out of thread on the outer tie rod.
        sigpic

Comment

When I had a little "accident" my tie-rod joints were perfect, but outer tie-rod got stretched a little, and didn't allow proper adjustment by being too long. I got a new set, replace outers and everything went back to normal

Comment

Working...
          X