• TobyB
    replied
    no call back yet.
    man, he left you hangin'....

t

Leave a comment:

• owwwch
    replied
    i wonder if the fronts would work on an ix?

Leave a comment:

• Crodell6
    replied
    Still waiting for the hubs...
    Called in to a dismantler in New York on Thursday. Said they would call when the part was pulled, no call back yet.

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    I want some macho sauce! Sounds good.
    PM Blunt.

Originally posted by P.Kelly View Post
    Or, since s/he has 3 posts and no track record, s/he could actually have been serious and enthusiastic.
    Is this you?

Leave a comment:

• Crodell6
    replied
    Once i get the hub and a new e30 bearing here then I'll look over the depth of each hub and report back.

Leave a comment:

• Crodell6
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

OP, which E30 hub are comparing to the subaru hub? The only 57.1 dimension on the rear hub (which is splined like you mention) is wheel locating diameter. The ID is splined and the OD is like 42mm.

The front hub has no splines and i cant recall the ID that the bearing fits into cause you pretty much have to buy the hub and bearings together complete.
    Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
    Any news on this? If the SVX hub fits, the the cheaper option would be to use an earlier model hub from an XT6. The XT6 is the prequel to the SVX and share the same suspension components like hubs, struts, springs, axles. I sure if this does in fact fit, the XT6 would be a cheaper option.
    I was referring to the rear hub if i managed to get it to work I'd move on to the front. The ID of the svx and e30 both share 42.

The OD of the bearing On the other hand is 75(e30), 72(svx). So the bearing Ultimately wouldn't fit.

I'm not stopping though. I'll digg around some more and see if there's a match!
    Last edited by Crodell6; 09-08-2012, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1craze30
    replied
    Any news on this? If the SVX hub fits, the the cheaper option would be to use an earlier model hub from an XT6. The XT6 is the prequel to the SVX and share the same suspension components like hubs, struts, springs, axles. I sure if this does in fact fit, the XT6 would be a cheaper option.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    5x114.3 is going to be a problem unless you like JDM wheels.
    5x114.3 is the same as 5x4.5". American car size.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied

OP, which E30 hub are comparing to the subaru hub? The only 57.1 dimension on the rear hub (which is splined like you mention) is wheel locating diameter. The ID is splined and the OD is like 42mm.

The front hub has no splines and i cant recall the ID that the bearing fits into cause you pretty much have to buy the hub and bearings together complete.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    In for results! I would love to rock some old school SSR or something Jap as fuck. Only issue would be finding a front bearing that would match the rear pattern.

Leave a comment:

• P.Kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Crodell6 View Post
    Or since it referred to the inside diameter as a hub centric ring they may have little knowledge ass to what I'm trying to accomplish.
    Or the person could simply be uninformed. Regardless, the attitude on this board is nasty. Everyone drinks macho sauce sitting behind a keyboard...

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by Crodell6 View Post
    Your sarcasm only makes you look like a prick that probably no one gives 2 seconds to think twice about.
    I'm not concerned what you think i look like.

Your original post makes you seem like someone who has one idea what they are talking about. You dont mention any of the important variables that would make a given hub work in your post.

Also, this is r3v. If you want to be coddled and told you are a winner this is not the place. And please don't tell the shops i do consulting work for that i don't know anything, i don't want the word to get out.

EDIT:
    I will admit to the 57.1 number throwing me off in your description but thats just because the E30 rear bearing is like 75mm OD, 42mm ID and 57.1 is the hubcentric size. I feel like i am missing something else here.
    Last edited by LJ851; 09-07-2012, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    I spent 2 seconds to think about it... Laughed at sarcasm.

1. BMW lug pattern is 5x120, not 5x114.3
    2. Centerbore of the wheel is great, what about the rotor?
    3. Height of the hub, because of studs, does it clear parking brakes?
    4. Even IF it fits the splines, what about the bearing?
    5. What rotors and calipers will you run?
    6. Where will it leave the offset?

80's 911 rear hubs share the bearing and splines with e30, but I am yet to see someone press in Porsche hubs and call that a day.

Leave a comment:

• Crodell6
    replied
    Or since it referred to the inside diameter as a hub centric ring they may have little knowledge ass to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Leave a comment:

• Bimmerman325i
    replied
    5x114.3 is going to be a problem unless you like JDM wheels.

I'd also check that the distance from hub mounting face to spline end is the same as e30 hubs, since you don't want to mess with offsets if you can avoid it.

Also....what are you going to do for the front? SVXs are awd....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X