Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brent5631
    replied
    The fronts I am using e36 286x22 rotors and the rears currently are redrilled stock rotors. But I have an idea for using e46 320 or 323 rear brakes. That will make my bias correct with rx7 calipers up front.

Leave a comment:

• enigmaticdream
    replied
    What do you use as rotors?

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    I'd like to see that please. I have access to a machine shop and have a friend that tig welds so this might be a possibility. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    I can post the measurements to have the spacer made. The rears are very time intensive. Probably 8 hrs of welding and machining spread over several weeks. (Lots of tig welding) So thy would be cost prohibitive to sell.

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    I like the fact that you seemed to have pulled this off. Very cool! Any idea if you'll produce or modify this for others?

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    Yes its different.

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    Interesting

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied

The front uses a stock e30 4 lug strut and adds a sleeve to fit the e28/e30 m3 Bearing. This puts the front at the stock offset as the e30 but I used rx7 brakes so spacers are required anyway.
    Last edited by brent5631; 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    So I got it all finished up and have a 2000 miles on the setup with no issues thus far.

Here is a few pics of how the rear works. I machined a 1/2" plate to fit over the existing hub making it thicker and larger around. welded it all up with 308L rod and machined it flat and drilled the bolt pattern. Kinda skipped some steps in the photos but I was anxious to get it together.

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    Any updates to this?

Leave a comment:

• enigmaticdream
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    E30 m3 rear hubs are direct replacement for non M and are available. The rear caliper brackets/carriers on the other hand...
    If you are a member of s14.net you can find them pretty easily. I got a set with rotors and pads in about 2hrs.

I'm going to see how the calipers fits on a stock e30 rear end while i'm doing to swap just to see what the offset is like. I'm not expecting much, but that'd be an easy brake upgrade, although probably a waste of money.

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    more curious about the rear
    E30 m3 rear hubs are direct replacement for non M and are available. The rear caliper brackets/carriers on the other hand...

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Not done yet with rear. Needs more machining.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AirDoc
    replied
    do tell more...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X