Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rneedham1979
    replied
    Any opinions on et35 wheels? Will they fit a decent size tire without rubbing?

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    Spoke with the shop in the video above, they said they can safely remove 7-8mm from the wheels. So, that would raise the et to 30 or so. That should work better, no?

How about the front. Should I have all four machined or just two?

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    Maybe I can have this done to the rears

This is a video showing how we take a standard wheel and shave the backpad of it to make it a higher offset. This is done to make the wheel sit further insid...

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    Thanks for the info. How low are you?

My current set up is the Apex 17x8 Et35 wheels that I added 1.5" to the inside of the wheel. I run a 20mm spacer and a 255 or 245 tire. It rubs are times but, not too bad. My quarter is rolled and pulled as much as possible etc. so, hopefully the 16x8 work! Do you remember how much room you had on the inside of the wheel/tire? I was thinking about having an 1" or 2" added to allow me to run a 245/ 255 drag radial.

Here's are a few pics of the car/ fenders:

Whatcha guys think?

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    I had the 16" style 5 wheels on my old 5 lug E30. Also running the E36 M3 & Z3M combo. My fenders were heavily rolled and slightly pulled and I still had rubbing issues in the rear with a 205/50 Falken tire. I also had a rear camber correction kit installed which of course didn't help fender clearance. When I ran my 17x9 ET42 ASA AR2 wheels I had a 245 tire on them without rubbing.

To answer your other question: Yes the Treehouse CABs are a good choice with this setup.

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    I had the 16" style 5 wheels on my old 5 lug E30. Also running the E36 M3 & Z3M combo. My fenders were heavily rolled and slightly pulled and I still had rubbing issues in the rear with a 205/50 Falken tire. I also had a rear camber correction kit installed which of course didn't help fender clearance. When I ran my 17x9 ET42 ASA AR2 wheels I had a 245 tire on them without rubbing.

To answer your other question: Yes the Treehouse CABs are a good choice with this setup.

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    Originally posted by dk View Post
    16x8 et23.

You'll want to verify this, but if memory serves, the Z3M hubs sit inboard of the Z3 1.9 setup, which is what I have.

I don't think you'll have clearance issues. You might even have room for more, but the e38 weaves will bolt straight up where e39 wheels need hub rings.
    I read that they will fit over the E36 M3 brakes. I just bought a set so... I hope they fit. LOL Anyone have any other ideas or recommendations. Also, what is the et of the 15" style 5's... I may just mount slicks on a set of 15" style 5's.

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    16x8 et23.

You'll want to verify this, but if memory serves, the Z3M hubs sit inboard of the Z3 1.9 setup, which is what I have.

I don't think you'll have clearance issues. You might even have room for more, but the e38 weaves will bolt straight up where e39 wheels need hub rings.
    Sounds perfect. Do the 16's fit over the M3 brakes?

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    16x8 et23.

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    replied
    16" e38 style 5s are nice and light and cheap. Have never been unhappy with them on e36/z3 combo 5-lug, even for a moment.
    What are the Et? Will they fit the Z3M rear?

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    16" e38 style 5s are nice and light and cheap. Have never been unhappy with them on e36/z3 combo 5-lug, even for a moment.

Leave a comment:

• rneedham1979
    started a topic Purchased a Z3M 5 lug, need wheels!

Purchased a Z3M 5 lug, need wheels!

Hi guys,

I need help with wheel selection for my E30. I got a great deal on a complete Mcoupe subframe, diff, brakes, trailing arms etc., and front brakes, strut tubes, control arms etc. I'm a 4 lug guy but, I keep breaking my half-shafts, so I've been forced to go 5 lug/ Mcoupe rear end. I have the THR racing CAB's. Can I use them?

I'm looking for wheels, I believe high Et will work. I've looked at and thought about running DSII's but, they are heavy. In a perfect world I'd like to run 15's but I don't think they'll fit the front brakes. I know Otis has squeezed 15's over the rear Mcoupe brakes and I'd be willing to do that also.

That said, and if possible, I was thinking maybe 16 or 17 style 5's up front and 15" style 5's in the back. That would allow me to run more sidewall in the back but, not sure it an et20 or et22 would fit in the back. Any ideas?

Second COA would be to run a 17" set up all around or 16's if they'll fit over the front brakes. I need to run aggressive drag radials in back too, which limit wheel size choices.

Anyone have any wheel suggestions or recommendations? FYI- front and rear fenders have an aggressive roll too.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Last edited by rneedham1979; 04-05-2013, 03:31 PM.
Working...
X