Z4 rear hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
    Whoah wait a sec, you were able to use e36 M3 rotors with the above setup, Mye30?
    If you mean:

E30 trailing arm
    E30m hub
    E36m rear caliper with custom adapter bracket
    E36m rear rotor

then yes. Keep in mind this was not a "bolt on" affair. Designing and making the bracket was the easy part. Getting the e-brake to work like stock is not something I'd like to do again.

Comment

MyE30 was right.. Bracket is easy.. Making e-brake working like stock is not easy and bolt on..

Why you wouldnt do that again, MyE30?
      Check your inbox pls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

Checked my pm, I'll get those measurements to you this weekend.

For the e-brake, it was just a lot of work for me (a guy without all the right tools available). I remember after getting one side done I didn't go back and do the other side until months later. I'm sure it isn't a problem for anyone with a welder though.

Comment

Care to elaborate on the difficulties you encountered?

e: I'll see if I can find the thread, but I think a 318ti guy got the ebrake working with just a different set of shoes and a 128i rotor on a 318ti hub.

Comment

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37289 Bingo. 128i rotors on a stock 318ti rear works, retains parking brake with stock shoes apparently

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
              Checked my pm, I'll get those measurements to you this weekend.

For the e-brake, it was just a lot of work for me (a guy without all the right tools available). I remember after getting one side done I didn't go back and do the other side until months later. I'm sure it isn't a problem for anyone with a welder though.
              Thanks man.. Take your time, I'm not in rush

I did combined backing plate e30's center area with e46 325i outer area.

Then welded without fitting it on e30 trailing arm..
              Just marked and line up according to my autocad design and drawing...

[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
              Transaction Feedback

Comment

Corey, ngamplh posted pics of is what I was referring to about the e-brake. I don't own a welder which proved to be challenging. Additionally, running e36m sized drum brake shoes required some finesse as well.

The combination you posted is a great option. However, at the time I was partial to the larger wheel bearing in the e30 trailing arm compared to the smaller ti wheel bearing. It seems like a small price to pay though for ease of use and comparability in exchange for smaller than stock wheel bearings. Nice find.

Comment

What size wheels are you running MyE30? I want to use E36M3 brake components but I want to run 16" wheels.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

This thread got very in depth. So basically, a z4 rear hub will press into an e30 rear trailing arm and stock bearing? Then a custom caliper bracket is required to fit a caliper? Thats it??

Comment

Yes, thats it.. No need to buy another arm.. With this setup, you got 5 lug and 300mm OEM BBK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Transaction Feedback

Comment

It might still be possible to use 128i rotors with e30m3 hubs or Z3/Z4 hubs

Comment

128i would sit inward too much. An f30/f32 rear rotor works though. 300x20. Parking brake remains. I'll post pics of an f30 rotor sitting on my car. Car has e30 m3 rear hubs.
                          1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                          1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                          1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                          E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Here you go.
                            so, F30/F32 328i/428i rear rotors. They push in ~1mm more than a stock e30 m3 rear rotor. Parking brake works (I tested it). The only thing that doesn't "work" is that the retaining bolt is at a different degree off the lug than the e30 m3. Small thing which really has no bearing since the wheel will keep the rotor in position.

clearance

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

what calipers will you use? is that e36m3?
                              Transaction Feedback

Comment

Going to use a wilwood 4 piston rear to keep bias with the front setup I'm doing

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X